Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

need shipping address in Buffalo

Old 06-07-2007, 01:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need shipping address in Buffalo

Hi all
This is first time write on board.
I recently bought a set of work emotion cr wheels and tires from states.
but because of duty and tax in canada. I want to pick them up in Buffalo.
The thing is i don't know anyone in buffalo.
so please PM me if anyone can hook me up in buffalo area .
Thanks all!!
Old 06-07-2007, 04:22 AM

Call the UPS store on the other side of the bridge, they will receive them.

Then you can strap yourself to each of them and set yourself down the river and over the falls. You may land on the CDN side, not sure; my bet is that youll just go straight to the bottom though. Give it a try and get back to us.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by BioBanker,Jun 7 2007, 07:22 AM
Call the UPS store on the other side of the bridge, they will receive them.

Then you can strap yourself to each of them and set yourself down the river and over the falls. You may land on the CDN side, not sure; my bet is that youll just go straight to the bottom though. Give it a try and get back to us.
UPS store will reject all shipments from all non-UPS shipping companies. Find out what shipping company the shipper is using, call the shipping company and they will put the item on-hold at the Buffalo/Niagara location. I've done this with DHL.

word of caution... they will hassle you at the border if you do not have a good excuse of why you have 2 sets of rims (1 on the car and 1 in the trunk). you may want to buy a cheap set of steelies with worn out tires, cross, dump the rims/tires and put the new ones on.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by p3tah,Jun 7 2007, 02:49 PM
UPS store will reject all shipments from all non-UPS shipping companies. Find out what shipping company the shipper is using, call the shipping company and they will put the item on-hold at the Buffalo/Niagara location. I've done this with DHL.

word of caution... they will hassle you at the border if you do not have a good excuse of why you have 2 sets of rims (1 on the car and 1 in the trunk). you may want to buy a cheap set of steelies with worn out tires, cross, dump the rims/tires and put the new ones on.
Just get a receipt (real or bogus?) and pay the PST and GST at the border. They are really sticky at the border and unless you give them some tax $$, they will be ass***** with you. Trust me, it's cheaper to be upfront and pay a bit of tax money than not do a proper declaration and get busted. They'll go after 55% of the non-declared $$ if you try to cheat them too much, you're bound to get caught. Pay a little now or alot later. You're already saving on the cross border fees that UPS charges, which can be substantial. Good Luck!

I use the UPS store all the time in NY and have no problems with them at all.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:41 PM

Thanks for good informaions guys~helps me alot~
I'll let you guys know after.
Thanks again!