Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Momo and Adelaide Represent at SAAB School

Old 05-02-2003, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Momo and Adelaide Represent at SAAB School

Today was the SAAB school at Cayuga (Toronto Motorsports Park).

IT ROCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The track was really fun, more fun than Shannnonville I thought. More gear changes, more drifts, and better transitions. Serious fun.

There wasn't many people there so we just lapped and lapped. And then we lapped some more.

I filled up 8km (and set the counter to 0) from the track and I got less than 165km from one tank!!!!!!!

The track was about 3 km long so that means we did about 50 laps!

Chris (Ford SVT Focus guy from last time) was my instructor and even he said it felt like we were lapping forever.

Of course, it would have been good if more S2K's were out there, but we did just fine.
Old 05-02-2003, 05:12 PM

Couldn't make it, was stuck in a meeting.

But I only got 90km at Shannonville so you guys did well.

Maybe we should consider doing our school at this track? I think it's cheaper than Shannonville and its way closer.
Old 05-02-2003, 05:35 PM
Former Moderator

ahh I wanted to go too. Vince said he might go

So its that good eh? I'm cool with having our track day there no problemo

Glad you had fun
Old 05-02-2003, 05:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

< 165km on one tank ???? wow ! that is really hard vtec'ng '.... if any pics send 'em my way and I'll post..

By off chance, would you be able to "ballpark" how many approx gear changes you would have done in ONE lap ???

must be nice to have a Friday off < sigh >

s2ksimon
Old 05-02-2003, 07:31 PM
Banned

Too short of notice for me..... I already have an intermediate spot for the oct school though
Old 05-02-2003, 07:39 PM

While it's still fresh and replaying in my mind:

This is what I think I did, and what I think the speeds were. Mind you, you probably could have stayed in gear some of the time, and other times I was almost bouncing off the redline but didn't want to shift cause (and lifting slightly) the next corner was right there. So yeah, I thought it was fun because there was a better mix of long and tight corners, and a really, really fun tight twisty stretch.

Front Straight 4th gear till approx + 150 km
Heel/toe to 3rd, 1st long corner at about +95 km. Accelerate hard back to 4th, and then heel/toe to 3rd to take the 2nd corner at about 80 km (?).
Almost immediately after the apex of the 2nd corner heeltoe to 2nd, tight right hander, and then up to almost redline, touch the brakes and then this wicked left with a groove in the road so you can really put the power down and then immediately right . Briefly up to third and then back to second for a left hander where you literally drift to the right of the track. Then up to third and then slowing through the chicane and then heel/toe hard back down to second for a left, then around the hairpin right, almost redline, a left and then a slow double apex (didn't want to mash into the front wall) onto the front straight again where you wind it out and take it to 4th as I said in the beginning.

What made it so fun was that you felt like you were literally drifting around almost all of the corners (it was dry today) and really needed to play with the throttle to balance and adjust the attitude of the car. I was sideways a couple of places in a manner and speed where you just don't get to at Shannoville. The S2000 was just so crazy good too.

Again, this is just what I thought, but maybe Dino can share his thoughts too....

Dino was so hardcore that he wore his rear S-02's until the steel belts started tearing and had to put on his spare to get home!
Old 05-03-2003, 04:51 AM
Banned

Originally posted by adelaide
Dino was so hardcore that he wore his rear S-02's until the steel belts started tearing and had to put on his spare to get home!
Now thats the $hit!!

Please stop posting details... It makes me more and more pissed off I couldn't go hehehe
Old 05-03-2003, 05:30 AM

damn it....I couldn't make it yesterday DAMN IT
Old 05-03-2003, 12:58 PM

Well what can I say...... It was awsome! Kris is an excellent instructor. He really showed me what the S2000 is capable of. And by the end of the day I had pushed the S2000 farther then I have ever had before. Adelaide wasn't kidding about the fuel mileage....but who cares right?

As for the S02's.... I was on my last lapping session, maybe 5 min left when Kris is like "OK show me what you have learned today, give me 2 clean laps! First lap excellent, second lap going good until turn 7. I reach the apex, start to unwind and accelerate and out comes the tail, full counter steer to correct and then heard a flappng sound. I pull in to the pit and have a look at my tires. There was an awful lot of belt exposed on my left rear. Guess I got my money's worth on those.

I got second set of SO2's put on the rears, everything is back to normal. I am ready for auto X this Sunday in Woodstock

I hope to see a few more S2000's there representin'
Old 05-03-2003, 05:55 PM

Fecking pissed me off, I had a 6:30 and 9:30 meeting, then I was clearing stuff left and right figuring I could get there round noon.

Nope, it always happens.

Plus my pads are shot, I gotta get some..who's doing a gb and pad day? Eh? EH?

Quick Reply: Momo and Adelaide Represent at SAAB School