Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

List of trusted mechanics and body shops

Old 09-06-2013, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone know a good rim repair near GTA? perferably closer to mississauga
Old 09-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Spotter
Community Organizer

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by qoo2828
I used precision rim repair / Curbed.

They're in the Vaughan area but decent pricing. Initially the colour of the fixed wheel was off. No questions asked, sent someone to pick the wheel up all the way from Oakville along with another wheel to get a better idea of the colour.did some great work colour matching my wheel. Gunmetal isn't very easy to match and I couldn't tell the fixed and original rim apart when they finished it.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:48 PM
Spotter
Community Organizer

Any good body shops in the Oakville, Mississauga area? Looking to fix a couple of minor dents
Old 09-10-2013, 03:15 AM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Any good body shops in the Kitchener Waterloo Area? Looking to get a perfect paint match
The following users liked this post:
LeeatToronto (08-02-2017)
Old 09-10-2013, 03:17 AM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by kryptonite
Any good body shops in the Oakville, Mississauga area? Looking to fix a couple of minor dents
Look for a paintless dent repair guy. I know 2 of them in KW
Old 09-10-2013, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by myflys2k
Any good body shops in the Kitchener Waterloo Area? Looking to get a perfect paint match
Apparently http://www.mitekautobody.com/ is top dawg in KW...
Old 09-10-2013, 09:46 AM
Spotter
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by myflys2k
Originally Posted by kryptonite' timestamp='1378709299' post='22768065
Look for a paintless dent repair guy. I know 2 of them in KW
Let me know, I visit the area pretty often so that might work
Old 09-13-2013, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by JFUSION
If anyone is looking for a decent alignment in the London region here is a small shop I recently visited and I enjoyed their service. Ricky Ratchets, Clarke Road, 519-455-5351 London, On.

I always wanted to go to Can-Alignment but I just couldn't find the time to get down to his location and I didn't want to book the appointment too far ahead as I don't like to drive the car in the rain. So I decided to get it done locally but I would have loved to get Scott's personal service.

I had an alignment last year at Honda, they found a seized camber adjuster on the driver front, but they would not make any attempt to fix the adjuster, so they left the wheel out of spec. I took it to Ricky Ratchets this month and asked them to give it a going over before the alignment. I authorized them to fix anything they found seized, and I alerted them to the one seized adjuster that I knew about. They ended up finding two adjusters that were seized, they got them loose and took them apart and lubricated the parts and reinstalled everything. That was followed up with a 4-wheel alignment. Their equipment looks really modern and top notch, the same system used by Honda from what I can tell. They did my alignment to my custom specs that I asked for, and everything worked out great. I was really happy with the service and attention to detail. They actually torqued my wheels to spec, and that almost never happens anywhere else I take the car.

Went to Ricky Ratchets the other day to get my rear tires put on, they pretty much told me they " Will" scratch my rims no matter what and no matter how careful the installer can be,so i left. not knowing till i got there that this is the same place a few mths ago when i came here with a co worker to get a rear seal on his tranny change on the trans am from them,cost a $1000...2 days later it still leaked.He was told now is something else next to it that is leaking maybe another seal? like wtf? thats my experience with ricky ratchets
Old 09-27-2013, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by kryptonite
Originally Posted by qoo2828' timestamp='1378482161' post='22764772
I used precision rim repair / Curbed.

They're in the Vaughan area but decent pricing. Initially the colour of the fixed wheel was off. No questions asked, sent someone to pick the wheel up all the way from Oakville along with another wheel to get a better idea of the colour.did some great work colour matching my wheel. Gunmetal isn't very easy to match and I couldn't tell the fixed and original rim apart when they finished it.

i called them a few times no answer and voicemail is full......
Old 09-27-2013, 06:44 AM
Spotter
Community Organizer

Notorious for that. They have two different numbers. Google curbed as well as precision rim repair. Also call around noonish. I found them to be least busy around then.

Quick Reply: List of trusted mechanics and body shops