Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Less then 300 km's and already got pulled over

Old 04-26-2002, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Again, decide to take the car out, this time with my younger brother as the driver
(24 but looks 16). We meet up with some old friends at a restaurant and they all come out checking the S2K. 4 cars down, there is a cop car sitting with engine on. We didn't think nothing of it. After we say our goodbyes, we exit the restaurant parking lot. Literally, the second the last rear tire exited the parking lot and on to the street, the cop car is right behind us and the lights go off.
Both officers get out, one approached the driver side and the other, the passenger side. The officer who approached me from the passenger side immediately jumped back after he looked at me. He nervously stood back and said "Why is your arm underneath your shirt and jacket? slowly show me your arm now". Right away I said "Officer, my arm was severely broken in a car accident and I'm not to move this arm from this position" I did however show him the sling around my neck and ever so gingerly, lifted the sleeve to show him my 8" scar from the operation.
Thankfully, he calmed down and went back to the car. The officer speaking to my brother demanded the typical liscence, insurance, ownership and took it to the car.
2 minutes later, he comes back to the car and says you're free to go. When I asked why he pulled us over in the first place? He said "Your plates weren't registered in our system" After we left, I was thinking BS. How could the plates not be registered when Honda registered them when I picked up the car from the dealership?

It was quite obvious the cops needed and excuse to pull us over after seeing a very young looking driver in a nice car.

I must say however, the Officer's were quite nice and could have charged me as I forget to sign the ownership (I know, I know). In all honesty, I probably would have done the same thing if I was in there situation. Anyhow, just wanted to share my little incident with y'all.

Just curious, have any of you S2K'ers been pulled over absolutely no reason whatsoever? Dogman and Mindcore, this doesn't include your impression of the Jim Carey and Jeff Daniels incident

To think, the car has been Vtec'd when it shouldn't have, I already have stone chips on the car, get pulled over, AND I STILL HAVEN'T DRIVEN THE CAR YET!!!
Old 04-27-2002, 03:10 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

within a month I had 4 cops scan my plates...you know when the pig sits a car lengh behind you for a few minutes and then all of a sudden drives off?? Yeah, scanning my plates!....what do you expect when owning an S2000?
Old 04-27-2002, 04:27 AM

I had one follow me for a few kms. Scanned plates and I think he was just waiting to see if I did anything stupid.
Old 04-27-2002, 02:58 PM

i had a cop tailgate me for 5kms on the dvp once.... i slowed down so that he would pass cause it was pissing me off...so, the cop decided to floor it, cut me off, and put his 4 ways on... I was like what the #$!@? then quickly turned off the next exit before he was able to... ow and i also got taged for doing 100 on steels but hey... gotta go with the flow of traffic right?
Old 04-27-2002, 11:27 PM

i got pull over once a month at lease because i do not have the front licence plate.

but all the cops treated me very nice. most of them said that the car is very nice, then just tell me put my plate back as soon as i can.

3 of the cops said that our car look more nice without licence plate

actually, i haven't put my licence plate in my car since i have a car. my prelude b4 i also did not put front licence plate, but most of the cops just tell me to put it back

do u guys have this kind of experience??? or any fun experience deal with cops?

Old 04-28-2002, 05:57 AM

I have an insane cop neighbour who has never spoken to me or anyone else on the road actually..he's had me followed and stopped before.

He thinks I'm a drug dealer because I work from home and have nice things I guess.
Old 04-28-2002, 08:23 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 18 AL
[B]i got pull over once a month at lease because i do not have the front licence plate.

but all the cops treated me very nice.
Old 04-28-2002, 10:33 AM

Wow, It seems the S2K is definetely a heat car. It seems within a year, we will all know all the traffic cops by name
Old 04-28-2002, 10:37 AM

Originally posted by ~69erGi/Vo~
i had a cop tailgate me for 5kms on the dvp once.... i slowed down so that he would pass cause it was pissing me off...so, the cop decided to floor it, cut me off, and put his 4 ways on... I was like what the #$!@? then quickly turned off the next exit before he was able to... ow and i also got taged for doing 100 on steels but hey... gotta go with the flow of traffic right?
Dude, your crazy I would never bolt from the scene if I was pulled. Isn't it gauranteed jail time if they give chase and catch you?
Old 04-29-2002, 03:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by S2000_rider
How could the plates not be registered when Honda registered them when I picked up the car from the dealership?
the ministry is REALLY slow right now with the OPSEU strike....

you can go to some "privately-run" transportation offices that will do the paperwork, give stickers, renew stuff etc., but i believe master downloading of files is handled by the "true" governement office - and they are still on strike with skeleton staffs.

just a thought....

Quick Reply: Less then 300 km's and already got pulled over