Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Is it legal to kill?? One less stupid person on the roads!! Accident pictures

Old 12-17-2002, 11:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, is that what the L/S is for???
I thought it was to help do donuts in the winter....

The L/S is great in the snow. When I'm not in 4WD I actually have a 2WD vehicle, then when I go to 4WD I have a 3WD vehicle. I can't imagine people buying a 4WD without a L/S and ending up with just a 2WD- one in the front and one in the back. Seems silly to me.
Old 12-17-2002, 01:00 PM
Banned

Soo glad I educated you on that one. Now you're more smarter
Old 12-17-2002, 02:38 PM

ya, me fiel just brilyant, danks!

so is dis da more smarted like a tipikal Ford owner?
Old 12-17-2002, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Triple H, what exactly will your towing needs be other than the S? Will you be driving a lot of kms? I'm asking because on weekends I drive Ford F250's at my part time job..
From personal experience I would choose a diesel engine. Under heavy load the 4.9L inline 6's consume MORE gas than the V8 turbo diesel engines do. If you will drive longer distances in the long run the diesel will be cheaper to operate. Well at least here in Canada regular gas is about 10 cents more per litre than diesel. If you plan to keep the truck for a while, the diesel engine is indestructible. For reducing harshness/noise I suggest using a good quality synthetic diesel engine oil. You can do some research on this board for that.. These guys are very knowleadgeable wrt engine oils. http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi As for cold startups, etc I have had no problems starting the 99 diesel we have at -30 deg C
These trucks are indestructible, they go through hell all the time and are not even taken care of properly and still run steady all day. Something to think about.
Old 12-18-2002, 01:41 AM
Banned

Mmmmmmm diesel power

Jarek, what
Old 12-18-2002, 04:30 AM

A diesel is great, yes I know.
But if 3% of my driving is towing I am not going to live with a diesel for the other 97%, that is all there is to it.
My towing would really only be the S, a trailer, my tools, tires and gear.
Gas is fine!

So quick_lude, have you heard about the problem Ford is running into with the newer 5.4 V8? Seems the aluminum head likes to spit spark plugs. It is not really know why they get loose in a couple specific cylinders, I think it is 2nd and 3rd back on driver's side. The vibrations from being loose damage the few threads the plug is held in by. Eventually the head weakens to the point where the pressure in the cylinder gets to be too much and pop, out they come. Head replacement in USD is a couple grand or more. UGH!
Old 12-18-2002, 06:07 AM
Banned

What's so bad about diesel?? It doesn't idle like your high rpm capable s2000?? It's a truck. GET A MANS TRUCK lol.

Small displacement gas powered trucks are for girls
Old 12-18-2002, 07:30 AM

You are killing me here.......

I figure the Toyota 4.7 V8 will be great for me. I have NEVER owned anything bigger than a V6 and am looking forward to a V8. I also have to mention you may not realize how much of my time I drive in extremely rural areas. As I sit here and think, I don't recall a single gas station between my home and my parents home that has a diesel pump, and that is a trip I make at least once a week. In fact, THE gas station in the village where I live does not have a diesel pump. That my friend would be a major pain in the !
Old 12-18-2002, 09:05 AM
Banned

That's odd. Most stations here are equiped with diesel. Making a trip out of town to refuel would be a pain though.
Old 12-18-2002, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will not need tickets to get on the bus.. I forwarded everyones info to Grant and we'll just meet at the parking lot.

Did you mean KKT auto? Honestly, Jack there does great work. A lot of members have gone there to get body shop work done and all have praised the results. If I ever needed insurance work done I'd go there. KKT auto recently became an affiliate with our club.

TripleH if you get the oversize 150L gas tank, that could solve the lack of gas station issues. I haven't heard about the V8 cylinder issue.. is that a gas engine?

Quick Reply: Is it legal to kill?? One less stupid person on the roads!! Accident pictures