Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

The Left Lane

Old 09-03-2007, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Left Lane

I was driving last night from the US border @ 11:30pm when I got in a mix of traffic on the QEW from about the 405 ... I noticed everyone was driving under the speed limit! And of course for no reason, there were no signs on the hwy to limit speed to 80 nor were there any accidents. I managed to get close to the front of the 3km or so traffic mayhem ... I switched into the left lane to pass some slow traffic when a Honda minivan was travelling @ 80!!!! in the passing lane!!! I gave the high-beam flick so they would know I would like to pass when they slowed down to 40!! in the left lane ... I passed in the middle lane and then switched back to the left lane to pass some more slow moving traffic when the same minivan starts to flash their lights behind me so I switch to the middle lane and they follow! Remember this minivan is packed with a family inside so I'm wondering "minivan-mom rage" must be setting in so I switch back to the left lane and slow down so I could see the driver and just like I thought and manish triple chinned minivan ... I shake my head, she gives me the finger and starts to scream and wake everyone in her vehicle the husband trys to hide his face ... I looked back rolled my eyes, clapped my hands @ her and left her triple chin ... Just venting
Old 09-03-2007, 03:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

should've checked to see if your brakes were functioning at that moment.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:24 PM

yeah, typcial gta / southern ontario driving right there...slow ass drivers liek that lady piss me off as well. did you pass by her car 2" away alongside...then cut close in front of her? makes for good times

the right lane seems to be best for passing these days....i do more than enough (not blasting by ppl like an idiot, but ironically just cruising along at maybe 120 and its enough to pass lol)...
Old 09-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.driveredinabox.com/17vids.html

#7 Path of least resistance. Creating a dangerous condition on the roads is built into North American driver education. We teach people to suck at driving if not mandate it.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:42 AM

Yep I must agree people here in North America just have no clue how to drive. I just got back from Greece and some of the islands there and I tell you, everyone knows how to drive! (well not to mention that a 2 lane highway becomes a 4!). People actually move over when a faster car is comming through (or tourbus for that matter). It sure made me think, boy do we ever have to change our teaching system here.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by revmatch,Sep 3 2007, 07:24 PM
did you pass by her car 2" away alongside...then cut close in front of her? makes for good times
And this makes things better how?
Old 09-04-2007, 07:39 AM

Pack a gun under the dash, comes in handy for GTA driving.