Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Latest Song and Dance from Honda

Old 04-02-2003, 08:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by DoGMaN
I think they will be key when they are told be key so there!
And it is easier to tell them to be key than it is the corporate giant.....but wait, I did not have to tell my dealer anything, I just asked nicely and they responded stupendously....
Old 04-02-2003, 08:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

not to mention, the sales reps at BMW, benz are very professional looking and acting....they're NOT clowns.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:04 AM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I disagree, Honda Canada can control the dealers, I have owned a franchise operation.. When the parent company spoke, we sure as hell listened.

I thnk the price of a Boxster oil change is irrelevant, They made over 5k when I bought my car.. thats a whole lot of oil changes, Porshe or Honda.

Now, correct that the over all profit of the S2000 is low, and they make way more money on thier other cars..But Since I've owned my S2000, I've bought a brand new Accord, I still have a Civic.
You yourself bought how many Hondas? in what 2 weeks??

This isn't just about the S2000, its about what the company is going to do to secure thier future.. Do they want me to continue buying Honda's? damn right they do.. Trust me, they will make money.

So when you say that we don't offer HC what we think we do, I have to say yes, yes we do.

I've said it before, thier lame attempt at showcasing the Pilot, was a classic example of letting thier product do all the selling. I'm in the market for an SUV, and I left that ski hill with a bad taste in my mouth..
Honda Canada could have made that a much better experience for everyone.

I like to think that the dealer issue is secondary to this topic.

Dealerships make thier money from service, profit on car sales is gravy.
Its like me giving away tape machines so you can buy my tape..

Cars are a commodity, plain and simple, as far as a dealership is concerned..

Honda is one of the most profitable car companies in the world, yes they are small, comapred to the likes of Ford, GM, Etc.. but thier net sales figures far eclipse what the other manufacturers do..
Is it too much to ask that they share a little of this with thier customers?

I shouldn't have to spend 150k on an NSX to get the same respect from Honda as I would from buying a I35 30k car from Infiniti..

Like the chief in Dances With Wolves, Thats all I have to say for right now.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:07 AM

Marco: You're right we don't mean much to Honda in a soft dollars perspective. However I think the S2000 isn't the only car they plan on introducing to this level of audience. If they want continued support on the long term then they need to consider our feelings.

Also the oil changes are much fewer with the Boxster so it almost evens out

Nimesh I found going to a non corporate owned dealer makes a difference in how they do pricing. Barrie Fine Car's will deal! I gotta say I dig that car and the free mats when dirty is a sexy touch. I don't expect that from Honda ever, just don't damage my shit and give me a break on some other things. Not a lot to ask for.

Yay civil conversation! yay!
Old 04-02-2003, 08:13 AM
Former Moderator

And to the other points, yes MB you pay full MSRP, is this the line that defines the service you get?

Ok, so I should gleefully pay what ever they are asking, in order to get the service I feel I deserve?

Well I tell you what, when Honda ponies up that effort, my attitude will change, and I won't bust thier balls over 20 wiper blades.

I'm not trying to argue a personal point, But I just don't buy it..

If I continue to pay full pop for everything, you think that the powers that be will say, wow, look how good our customers are, they don't even question our prices, we must be doing something right!
Why the hell would they change thier practices then?

Its simple for me, you want to treat me like I wheeled in and bought the ecnobox..well fine, then I ain't paying you anymore then I think I should..

Its a question of value. I have no trouble paying the price, when I get something in return..as it is now, it ain't happening
Old 04-02-2003, 08:30 AM

Originally posted by Mindcore
Ok, so I should gleefully pay what ever they are asking, in order to get the service I feel I deserve?
why do you feel you deserve a certain level of service???

what is it??

b/c you're mike _____??

b/c you drive an S2000?

what??

(now, we're getting to the nuts and bolts of it)
Old 04-02-2003, 08:38 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mindcore
[B]Do they want me to continue buying Honda's? damn right they do..
Old 04-02-2003, 08:42 AM

YOU ALL SUCK!!!!!...

you guys were able to take this thread, make it sooooooo friggin long (since this morning) that i don't even want to bother reading it all!!!... i don't think i have a long enough lunch break for it!!!!...

we should discuss over beer!!! then i can catch up!!!
Old 04-02-2003, 08:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to stick my neck out here, so be gentle....

Mike, can I ask you a question?

I clearly see you have had some negative experiences with "Honda". I will not debate them because clearly you are not satisfied and that is the key, you are not happy and believe "Honda" could be doing more.

So the question - who is it that you want more from? Is it not the dealer that is upsetting you? If the dealer were better wouldn
Old 04-02-2003, 08:50 AM

Originally posted by TAM S2
YOU ALL SUCK!!!!!...

we should discuss over beer!!! then i can catch up!!!
YOU guys all suck...you're the ones that have a million-and-one excuses when someone's trying to organize something.....

Quick Reply: Latest Song and Dance from Honda