Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Latest Song and Dance from Honda

Old 04-01-2003, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Latest Song and Dance from Honda

Well, Remember my invitation to Honda Canada to join us at on of our meets. Well guess what, they declined. Chris Calabrese called me today and will send a written response.

To summarize, Chris was passing on a message from the highest ranking within Honda. This "NO" came all the way from Mr. Kaihara, National "Service" Manager. The reason: Are you ready. Honda Canada regrets that it does not have the manpower to accept all of the numerous invitations it receives from special interest groups, and as Honda Canada wishes to treat everyone eqyually, they will have to decline.

So I asked....Have they ever accepted an invitation. The answer given was NO. So I asked why not just say that instead of corporate bullshit no one is buying. Chris acknowledged that he is just the messenger. So, I summarized, Honda doesn't care to attend. No, that's not what I said. Oh so they just treat everyone poorly. As far as resources go, I mentioned that Honda is not a dog and pony operartion and that they surely have the manpower to send one person for one hour. No they don't.

In conclusion, I let Chris know that this demonstrated attitude just reinforces the perceptions of the majority of S2000 owners, that Honda just doesn't care, and knows their cars will sell regardless. I ended by saying that it was precisely this point that was identified as a topic of discussion, in the written invitation I faxed them a week ago. I asked for a written response.

Well, I tried. Many of you knew I would fail and were right.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:12 PM

They don't care eh?

Time for me to move on to the Mini or Subaru then.

Good try Sunil. Much props, yo!.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mikamaya
[B]In conclusion, I let Chris know that this demonstrated attitude just reinforces the perceptions of the majority of S2000 owners, that Honda just doesn't care, and knows their cars will sell regardless.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:57 PM

Back in the good'ol'days when I was addicted to autocrossing in Ottawa, a GREAT HONDA DEALER there actually sponsored the Motorsport Club of Ottawa (MCO). The same GREAT HONDA DEALER offered members PARTS AT WHOLESALE. The same GREAT HONDA DEALER would allow one of its tech's time off to marshal and tech at track days. The same GREAT HONDA DEALER got all of my business.

That GREAT HONDA DEALER is HUNT CLUB HONDA.
Old 04-01-2003, 01:18 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Triple-H
[B]

Don't count me as part of your perceived majority!

I believe Honda does care and as a Honda owner for more that 20 years and 6 vehicles I have seen over and over that they do take an interest.
Old 04-01-2003, 01:36 PM

Affa, thanks man!

I forgot to add, Chris told me that he has visited our Forum "thousands" of times, when i told him of widespread expressed perceptions. Big Brother may be watching....
Old 04-01-2003, 01:40 PM

A few weeks ago I would have agreed with you that they don't care, but apparently one of the people organizing Sac2KDays out here California managed to get some backing from AHM. I don't know how much of a showing we'll see from them, but this is more than I've seen in the past. Hope you guys keep trying.
Old 04-01-2003, 01:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mikamaya
[B]Triple H, I don't know you and I wasn't counting you as one of the owners.

And I was not concluding that Honda doesn't care based only on turning down this offer from me.
Old 04-01-2003, 01:58 PM

Secret, thanks for your encouragement!! Glad you guys had more luck than we have had so far! Went to Stanford, loved it.
Old 04-01-2003, 02:10 PM

Triple-H.
I turned down your invitation to dance once before, and I will turn it down again.

The purpose of my post was to update my efforts at organizing a guest speaker for one of our gigs. That's all.

The level of caring, of which you speak, is , I believe, perceived as low by the majority of those who chose to express their valued opinions in this forum. That is precisely what
As I said earlier..."(2) In the initial invitation, as has been consistent throughout this forum, there is a widespread expressed perception by S2000 owners that Honda service is poor. It is factually correct that the majority of posts regarding service and attitude of Honda Canada (not dealers) represent a fraction of discontent owners, who apparently number in the majority."

Quick Reply: Latest Song and Dance from Honda