Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Karma - Updated with pics**

Old 04-16-2010, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Karma - Updated with pics**

So I thought I'd share a recent experience I've had over the past few months. I am 18 and currently attending high school. Now as you all know, having a nice car in high school can be a bit frustrating with jealousy and what-not. At my high school there are many kids that drive much "better" cars than I do (significantly more expensive than my S2000). To give you an example, there are quite a few student drivers driving around current generation luxury sedans/SUV's (BMW's, Lexus, etc.). I know these are probably their parents' cars but they drive it every day which probably means they gave it to them. Keeping this in mind, my car draws a lot less attention than at the stereo-typical high school with a bunch of beaters driving around.

No one really cares about my car except for this one group of individuals who are in 3 out of my 4 classes who feel it is their need to emphasize how much my car sucks and make fun of me for driving it. They do this by basically shi*-talking about my car and throwing insults whenever possible all throughout class and they talk loud enough just so I can hear it. I completely ignore their insults because quite frankly, although they have a BMW X5 (well one of them does) that costs more than my S2000 I'm more into sports cars, and my car fulfills all my interests and if not exceeds them. Up until now I have always thought and believed that there was an "unspoken code of honor" between males regarding their vehicles (not trying to be sexist) and that no matter what issue you have with another you do not screw with their car. Well, I guess I was completely wrong. The other day they decided to take it to the next level by throwing a cup of coke from McDonald's at my car. Needless to say it spilled all over the soft top and the rest of the car. Frustrated, I rushed home as fast as I could and washed it all off because I was unsure of the effects of coke on my baby's paint and especially the soft top and did not want to take any chances on damaging my paint. Before this occurred, my car was also key'd during exams. I had no idea who it was at the time, but I am starting to get a rough idea of who it may be.

Now comes the best part.

Today my friend and I decided to go to the mall for lunch. My friend drove his brother and his brother's friend so I decided to take my car because I hate sitting in the back of his Ford Escape. Upon arrival at the mall we noticed that the previously mentioned group of kids also drove there and are also eating at the food court. I bought my food, finished it and started to leave. While heading down the escalator to the first floor where my car was parked I noticed that the group of kids were also leaving (probably to hassle me). My friend and I both got into our cars and started our way back to school. Stopped at an intersection, nearing the school I noticed in my rear view mirror the group of kids. Knowing that they may throw something out their window as they passed me (they've done this before) I decided to WOT up to the speed limit to avoid them passing me and throwing something at me and more importantly avoid said object from hitting my paint. Approaching the next intersection where we need to make a left turn I notice that they were speeding up and about to pass me. I turn into the left turn lane (out of their way) and start slowing down to turn. At this exact moment they pass me and I was expecting them to go straight, instead they make a left turn in the middle lane going AT LEAST 80+km/h (roughly 50miles/h). I slow down to avoid hitting them and I see them pass right by me and run straight into a stop light pole knocking it down and over onto their car. Part of me was overjoyed at what had happened to them, but the other half of me told me to pull over and see if they were OK. So I did exactly that, I pulled to the side and sure enough all the occupants of the car were OK. The two sitting in the front were a bit shaken from the airbags deploying but were fine after a couple minutes. To add insult to the injury, about 2 minutes later the other 10-15 kids from our school who were also eating at the mall saw what had happened and pulled to the sides and started taking pictures and huddling around.

**Update** I've been told that the kid who just wrecked the X5 is more than likely getting a new car (possibly G35 or another BMW) within the next few weeks. To be honest, I have no idea what his parents are thinking by doing this. Their son just recklessly crashed a $60k+ car and now they want to give him an even faster and sportier car. Needless to say, his family is pretty well off so I doubt his insane insurance rates are even going to matter to them.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Haha that's awesome karma is a bitch!
Old 04-16-2010, 02:33 PM

****** jealous punks... im really sorry to hear you have to deal with that. I think me you and john should have our own little s2k meet in your parking lot. I wana hear them say somthing to me. If someone threw a coke at my car. Dear god help them. The problem with kids nowadays is the parents. Soooooo incredibly spoiled. These kids have no respect what so ever. Kudos to you for not retaliating but definitely defend yourself. In your case to avoid getting suspended or even expelled i would have called the police right away. These punks are vandalizing your car. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders for an 18 year old. I fear what our future has in store when i see some of these 17 year old kids.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:10 PM

Dammm thats just sad to hear. People have serious issues now-a-days.
However I would love to join the little car meet you guys plan on doing!!
Old 04-16-2010, 03:28 PM

haha awesome that happend. as for them insulting the s2k, tell them they need to go research more on the 'net as to what this car is and is capable of exactly. sounds like you go to school with a bunch of rich+spoiled+non-streetsmart kids...damn is it earl hair h.s. or something? lol. if that went down where i went to school in scarborough....oh man there woulda been some brawls goin on haha.

not to mention, after the coke+keying and you know it was them, you could be sure as hell i'd be going to them/the school for compensation for damages. if the school does nothing, you go to the cops. (unfortunately proof would be the hard part).
Old 04-16-2010, 03:33 PM

I am in for the car meet too....lol
Old 04-16-2010, 04:19 PM

+1

in for intimidation if required
Old 04-16-2010, 04:22 PM

Talking

Haha...idiot! Karma is bitch.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:34 PM

Haha, thanks for all the support guys! I doubt he'll be messing with me after what happened but we'll see. I'm not the only S2000 at my school, Hyoseke who is another member on this board also goes to the same school. Fortunately for him though he has a beater so he can leave behind his baby in his garage.

I'm not sure if you guys are serious or not about the whole intimidation thing, but I'd rather not do that since it'll just start a pissing contest between them and myself. On another note, we should definitely set up a spring meet... I would love to see O'malley's updated ride
Old 04-16-2010, 05:02 PM

dame rich kids.no offence to u.they need to be put in there places.but man i hoped my patents bought me a s2k or x5..these kids these days.too much mtv or 50cent

Quick Reply: Karma - Updated with pics**