Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Just ordered some Klasse

Old 06-27-2004, 02:34 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not worried about the ease of removing it. I don't mind putting a bit of work into my car to make it look better

Thats why I wouldn't mind the help my first time using it so I know how much to put on.
Old 06-27-2004, 03:14 PM

Oh it's not that it's "hard" it's that it's IMPOSSIBLE hehehe, first coat is killer, I have since found out a cotton towel is better than MF for removing that first layer.
Old 06-27-2004, 03:18 PM

trust me Jason.. it's unlike removing anything you're used to.. but the results .. OOOoooooohh...
Old 06-27-2004, 03:20 PM
Banned

Heh.... no worries... Elbow grease it is

Give me something to be proud of. Zaino is too easy LOL.

Hard work makes it more rewarding.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's this "DACP" you guys keep talking about?

I really want to see the difference on your Silverstone Jay!
Old 06-28-2004, 06:58 AM

DACP is a "machine only" use that is to decribe a cleaner, swirl remover and applying a base coat of polish before any AIO or SG.

Jason - you should be aware that now you've entered the "serious detailer" zone. There's no going back now

The 1st 2 coats of SG are extremely important.. why ?

Klasse has a long curing time ? I normally let my cure overnight.. but the result of the acryllic will be most amazing compared to WG..
Old 06-28-2004, 07:13 AM

On a GPW I love the easy of application/removal of Wolfgang.

Leaving a polish to cure overnight and having to break a sweat to remove it is horse s@#t IMO!

"serious detailer zone" please. You guys just have too much time one your hands. Go DRIVE the f'n car for crying out loud!

By the way... anyone seen the eshine.ca home page?
Old 06-28-2004, 07:16 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by toosteeley
On a GPW I love the easy of application/removal of Wolfgang.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:25 AM

I know what you're trying to imply with your "salad oil" vs. "wet looking" BS, but honestly, is the difference THAT noticable, or just to a "guru" like yourself?
Old 06-28-2004, 07:34 AM

Jason,

In no way do I apply Klasse by hand. why ? I think Klasse and WolGang are "high end" detailing products much more suited for "machine application."

I personally think Toosteeley's finish would be a gazillion times better if he had a proper base (DACP) and machine his stuff on. But that's jmho.

Furthermore, both of these polishes, work and adhere better if you give them a long curing time. I'm talking overnight or up to 12 hours. As well, both products I have found to layer better with Meg's DACP.

You want to talk about thin layers ? Both products, require a very, very thin coat. Thinner that Zaino. Which amounts to the size of a nickel to a quarter on your applicator.

Again, one can only apply DACP by porter cable. So my warning to you, is if you get less than desired results or if you don't get the significant improvement from a Zaino finish, it is due to the lack of DACP, a porter cable use, and curing time.

I no longer apply any polish by hand. But not everyone has a porter cable, so here are some recommended applications for those wanting to apply Klasse by hand. I think they will offer sub optimal results but ???

1. Use any terry cloth applicator (like the zaino ones) and spray it with water.

I initially recommended spraying the applicatior with a non-carnuba QD or water. I've changed my mind about this. Just stick to good old tap water. Too many different QD's out there that give different results.

Squeeze the applicator as much as you can so that most of the water is gone. All you should have is a slightly damp applicator. This will make the SG more pliable.

2. Apply a couple of drops of SG to your applicator and apply it to a section of your car (1/3 of the hood, half of the roof, etc) in a front to back motion. Once you have covered the whole section with SG, immediately wipe off the residue with a DRY MF towel in a front to back motion.

3. Repeat step 2 for every section until the whole car is done.

Notes:

- As mentioned before, wipe the SG off immediately, no dry time is necessary. ( I disagree)

- The SG should wipe off very easily leaving behind a slick, smooth, and glossy finish.

- You should use no more than 1oz. of SG per coat on a regular size car (BMW 3 Series, Mercedes-Benz C-Class)

- Only perform step 1 one time, before applying SG to the first panel. You do NOT need to spritz your applicator with water before applying SG to each section. Once you apply SG to a couple of sections the applicator will be wet enough with SG, negating the need for more water.

-Wait AT LEAST 24 hours before applying another coat of SG. SG needs time to cure and bond to your paint surface. I would personally wait a week. If you've driven the car ANYWHERE, then wash it before applying the next layer, or else you will just re-swirl your car.

-Put on three coats of SG, and you will be good to go.

Quick Reply: Just ordered some Klasse