Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

I'm confused...

Old 11-23-2005, 12:31 PM
Fob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PLYRS 3,Nov 23 2005, 04:19 PM
yeah, funny, been hearing that all week as i was shopping for a phone...everyone i talked too said the same thing.

the guys at rogers even said don't switch to rogers (i'm with bell) just for that phone...you should have a better reason than that.
Nimesh, if you're with Bell then your moto must be e815.

Have you registered online to get a free USB reader and 128mb memory card yet?
It's under promotion now depends on when did you purchase your phone...

Bell really sucks at the variety of the phones...only thing that I'm looking forward to is the EVDO + 3g crap...And Razr is just over flooded in the market right now...not saying the phone sucks, but I wouldn't want to use a phone which 9 out of 10 people is using...

Anyways seems like my choices are breaking down to:

w900i - foking nice swivel, cool UI + softwares, autofocus camera w/ flashlight

n80 - wifi, 3.0 camera w/ flashlight (but no damn autofocus....wtf), smartphone (pda files uploadable)

Still researching...
Old 11-23-2005, 12:34 PM

fob, 903 has many problems~~ you can ask JACKY!! hahaha

Johnny
Old 11-23-2005, 12:34 PM

re: razr - i don't like it for a few reasons

1) i've always hated the GUI of Moto phones - it's slow and it's a matter of personal preference

2) reception on this was terrible (the few times i borrowed a friend's to use) - whereas my 5 yr. old Nokia was able to get better reception

3) it's ultra-thin design makes it harder to clamp down beteween your face and shoulder when you need your hands-free for something

(yes you can argue why i don't just get a blue-tooth headset, but its one of those accessories i don't need when a phone of proper thickness can eliminate the "need" to purchase one of these things)
Old 11-23-2005, 12:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fob,Nov 23 2005, 05:31 PM
Nimesh, if you're with Bell then your moto must be e815.

Have you registered online to get a free USB reader and 128mb memory card yet?
It's under promotion now depends on when did you purchase your phone...

Bell really sucks at the variety of the phones...only thing that I'm looking forward to is the EVDO + 3g crap...And Razr is just over flooded in the market right now...not saying the phone sucks, but I wouldn't want to use a phone which 9 out of 10 people is using...

Anyways seems like my choices are breaking down to:

w900i - foking nice swivel, cool UI + softwares, autofocus camera w/ flashlight

n80 - wifi, 3.0 camera w/ flashlight (but no damn autofocus....wtf), smartphone (pda files uploadable)

Still researching...
i just got it yesterday...it's got a built in speakerphone too.

personally, i like it a lot....big screen, good weight, built like a tank (or so it seems), BT, camera, speakerphone, etc.

i love the BT....very convenient when i'm in my office....range reaches everywhere.

Old 11-23-2005, 12:46 PM
Fob

Originally Posted by SS_5,Nov 23 2005, 04:34 PM
fob, 903 has many problems~~ you can ask JACKY!! hahaha

Johnny
Yo JOhn...

Yes I know...I heard ppl are even having problems after they "FULLY UNLOCK" the mofo.......like USB not working...phone button lights acting weird.....it's a really nice phone but I don't want to risk my luck and pay 700 bux for a buggy phone...
This made me had to pass the consideration on this phone...

hyper, razr was really good when it first came out, but because of the network it uses (matches rogers fido and some other gsm carriers) it become really popular. few reasons but first and foremost is because of the slim design...with the x'mas getting around the corner, phone companys are introducing their promotions like 2yr contract 0 dollar for razr!!...

I mean no offense to the razr users, but I just don't like how they still promote a phone which is already popular enough...I wonder if they still have 1 million razrs in stock in the warehouse...

Receptions...like I always tell my damn customers...if there's anyone ever can gaurantee you certain phone's reception is perfect, he's a most certain a fag...
Before this block your phone might has full signal however the next block your phone might just dies...same thing in basements...heck I have absolute no signal at all in my house and I'm with Fido, I asked the salesman if the signal will be fine and guy was like OOHH YEARR....

Pisssing me off....in fact the more I think of it the more I want to hammer my phone down...
Old 11-23-2005, 12:47 PM
Fob

Originally Posted by PLYRS 3,Nov 23 2005, 04:41 PM
i just got it yesterday...it's got a built in speakerphone too.

personally, i like it a lot....big screen, good weight, built like a tank (or so it seems), BT, camera, speakerphone, etc.

i love the BT....very convenient when i'm in my office....range reaches everywhere.
Go register online to get your freebies....before the promo expires...I don't remember the address on top of my head atm...but I'll check for you when I get to my store on Friday...or you can try surf on moto's site...
Old 11-23-2005, 12:51 PM

Transport truck ran over my razr yesterday, the front LCD leaked and there is a dent in the back MOT logo.

Still works perfectly. God blessem everyone.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:54 PM
Fob

Originally Posted by DoGMaN,Nov 23 2005, 04:51 PM
Transport truck ran over my razr yesterday, the front LCD leaked and there is a dent in the back MOT logo.

Still works perfectly. God blessem everyone.
Bet you a combo numba 3, bring the phone back and beeyotch at the chinnyboi, they'll give you a brand new razr back.

Atleast that's what my friend told me how he got his replaced.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by hyper,Nov 23 2005, 05:34 PM
re: razr - i don't like it for a few reasons

1) i've always hated the GUI of Moto phones - it's slow and it's a matter of personal preference

2) reception on this was terrible (the few times i borrowed a friend's to use) - whereas my 5 yr. old Nokia was able to get better reception

3) it's ultra-thin design makes it harder to clamp down beteween your face and shoulder when you need your hands-free for something

(yes you can argue why i don't just get a blue-tooth headset, but its one of those accessories i don't need when a phone of proper thickness can eliminate the "need" to purchase one of these things)
The Razr is fine... reception is good, size is small enough that you can't find it when its ringing.

F'N Kneemesh goaded me into looking for a new phone when he snubbed my T68i at Fedricks.

The camera sucks ass, even Freddy couldn't generate a decent shot from it. and at $100 everyone will have one. So I guess that sucks too.

I better just get a BT headset so no one will see my embarassing RAZR.... Nimesh, can you help me to set it up?
Old 11-23-2005, 10:46 PM
Fob

Depending on your BT model and prize, I'll try to match it at the work...

FYI JT800 requires JAVA 2.2 or 2.3 and UP for the caller ID to work...

Quick Reply: I'm confused...