Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

I installed new 6.5s today

Old 05-12-2009, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol, your better off with a trunk enclosure.....?
Old 05-12-2009, 07:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blacktie,May 12 2009, 06:33 PM
yyyyeahhhhhhhh IIIIII aaagreeeeeeeeeee itttt doesssssss souuuunnnnddddddd siiiiiccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2009, 07:35 PM

the only down thing about a sub in the trunk is that when you have the top up everything behind the seat rattles like crazy, plus you may have to remove the spare tire to fit the amp. which then means you have no spare tire incase of an emergency. trust me I know from experience, the spare tire could come in hand one day. lol
Old 05-12-2009, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Redline Junkie,May 12 2009, 07:35 PM
the only down thing about a sub in the trunk is that when you have the top up everything behind the seat rattles like crazy, plus you may have to remove the spare tire to fit the amp. which then means you have no spare tire incase of an emergency. trust me I know from experience, the spare tire could come in hand one day. lol
The rattling issue was the prime reason for me not to get a trunk sub, never thought about the spare tire though. How about those amp racks people have in spare tire are? Do they need removal of the spare or does it sit on top of the spare. Currently I have my amp sitting in the tool well area and I hate loosing space in the trunk.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:17 AM

Holy crap $2500 for a sound system for an S??? Is that even street legal??? LOL

I think I could have installed a couple systems for that price and I did the install myself. I should probably start selling system installs to you guys, it will be cheap labour and beer will be a nice added touch.

Here are my recomendations:

1. Alpine HD or any Head unit that has a subwoffer volume control. With the number of burnt CD's and different audio and bass level, you would want to control your bass at your finger tips. Also make sure that this unit has a built in x-over and you can manipulate frequencies for you mids, highs and sub.
2. 3/4 Channel Amp - you can run your Bass and the 2 door speakers. 100 RMS for the Sub channel is pleeeeenty.
3. Sub box - The stealth is nice but not as loud as some other 10" boxes. Great for saving space.. you can use some of that $2500 to get one made.
4. Factory sepakers behind your seats to get that surround sound - wired directly to the Deck. Again no matter how good your door speakers are, adding a bit of fill will not make it sound worse, in fact it will sound better. Who cares if the speakers are crap - they are free and will add some fill for when you are on the highway and your left leg is blocking some sound from your left door speaker. Havent you guys ever had to close your legs and squish your nuts to hear the left door speaker clearly?

If you can get one of those BestBuy / Futureshop deals that includes deck, box, speakers etc then this should not run you more than $800.

This is not a GM Safari you are trying to win a sound off with, we are working with limited space so I dont know why you would want to drop 2500 big ones on it.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:51 AM

i need dimensions for the toolbox sub. I plan on making one.

anyone got?
Old 05-13-2009, 08:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kim, Did those Mtx speakers fit in the oem hole without modding?
Old 05-13-2009, 09:04 AM

Kim, Did those Mtx speakers fit in the oem hole without modding?
Mine didnt, I had to cut out a piece of plywood that went between the door and the speaker. I used the old speakers to cut out this template. Everything still fit nicely.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:20 AM

^^ I had to cut the plastic speaker bucket
Old 05-13-2009, 11:58 AM

$2500 is nuts my whole setup cost me around $670.00 excluding the wiring kit which I could have saved a ton on.

Quick Reply: I installed new 6.5s today