Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

I did not like this guy's '04 review

Old 08-12-2003, 11:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Springs, bushings, shocks, swaybars would be a complete list.

Sure I could put $200 springs on the car, but $200 in springs sounds cheap to me, and I don't mean low cost, I mean low quality. And then what about the other important changes, just doing springs is not the best way to go, the other components would need to be upgraded as well.

Eibach Pro-Kit Springs - $261.99
KONI Yellow Adjustable Shock Kits - $620.00
Comptech S2000 Sway Bar Package - $365.00

OK, now I'm up to $1,250, and nothing has been shipped or installed.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

how can you possibly insist that you need ALL that just to counter a "softer ride"??

and, if you want quality springs for $200 - KG/MM.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:03 PM

If I were to replace springs, they would be Eibach, I will not debate this issue.

And to fix a softer ride, and make the handeling superior, just replacing the springs would be a lame way to mod the car. Sure it can be done, but not to my car.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:06 PM

we were only talking about countering a "softer" ride.....you just now asked for better handling.

speak your mind, man. i'm not a mind reader......
Old 08-12-2003, 12:07 PM

Originally posted by Triple-H
If I were to replace springs, they would be Eibach, I will not debate this issue.
why??

i'm curious (seriously).
Old 08-12-2003, 01:39 PM

A softer ride = less precise handeling. I read Honda making the ride softer and I see the razor edge of the car is comprimised some. I do not see how a softer ride would not comprimise handeling, therefore the two are interrelated and not dissimalar entities. Therefore, yes, I am talking about improved performance, because I honestly believe a softer/plusher S2000 will not handle as well.

Eibach.
Hmmmm, how do I put this?
From my long term BMW exposure and being a big part of a racetrack lifestyle I can't quote numbers. figures, specific examples, I can only fall back on experience, but after all, is that not what old people are good for? Without a doubt, Eibach springs are the prefered choice in the BMW circles I travel in. I'm sure a big part of it is the German quality, and I know for a fact that Eibach has some of the most rigirus testing standards in the world, but the bottom line is, I can not ever remember hearing someone at the track complain about a spring problem concerning Eibach. And of course, add to the equasion, I have been on progressive rate race Eibachs for almost a decade, and they feel/perform today as I remember them about 10 years ago, as in before they got 10,000+ track miles.

Eibach
The Suspension Company
The Will to Win. It's much more than a slogan. It's our-and, we suspect your-way of life. It's the drive in all of us that makes us work better, think harder, stay up later. Which forces us to do our best today-and to wake up determined to do it better tomorrow. It compels us to make the world's best springs, dampers, anti-roll bars and other suspension components. And why the world's best tuners, drivers and racing teams-from the obsessed amateurs of the SCCA to the impossibly demanding engineers of Formula 1-depend on our quality, our know-how and our technology. Why every part that bears the Eibach name is more than a component. It's a symbol of a very special part of humanity.That indefinable, irresistible force we call: The Will To Win.
Old 08-12-2003, 01:45 PM

i understand....i swore by my eibach's on my corrado, mustang and M5....

i still firmly believe, to this day, that the springs on my corrado saved my life as i went into a corner impossibly too hot and thought i was going to smack a retaining wall and die doing 140.....i just closed my eyes (really i did), turned the wheel, didn't feel or hear anything, opened my eyes, and the car was still on pavement....

having said that, i still feel however, that spring choice DOES depend on the (characteristics of) car.....

what are you running on the CRX??
Old 08-12-2003, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So did you bring extra underpants with you to the track that day?

Funny enough I always bring a pair.
Old 08-12-2003, 06:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What effects do you have on your warrenty if you lowered like a inch with buddy clubs?
Old 08-13-2003, 04:36 AM

So often an individuals warranty claims are directly related to the kind of relationship they have with their dealer. I have added non OEM stuff to my car, and based upon my long term happy relationship, if I had a problem with my car, I have no doubt I would have coverage.

I do not know what a buddy club is? Is that when one of your friends comes over and beats the crap out of your car with a club until it is lower?

Quick Reply: I did not like this guy's '04 review