Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

How much would I be paying?

Old 03-13-2014, 08:25 AM
Zay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input guys. As mentioned before, I'll monitor all s2ks on kijiji, autotrader etc to determine what I can expect next year at this time. If I have to increase my budget a little, I'm fine with that. I'm hoping I don't have to, though. There's a few decent looking s2ks on kijiji atm for ~1000 above budget so that is promising.

Thanks again

Zay
Old 03-13-2014, 09:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep saving.

Don't buy a POS and pay taxes on that and go through the headache of trying to sell it when you can save up for a better one down the road.

If you can't afford 14-15k on a summer car, just save up until you can.

Also, if you're willing, the market is larger in the US. When the dollar was at par you could save yourself a few thousand, today you'll break even but will have more selection to choose from.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iDomN8U
Keep saving.

Don't buy a POS and pay taxes on that and go through the headache of trying to sell it when you can save up for a better one down the road.

If you can't afford 14-15k on a summer car, just save up until you can.

Also, if you're willing, the market is larger in the US. When the dollar was at par you could save yourself a few thousand, today you'll break even but will have more selection to choose from.
I agree with this. If you can't afford to spend $15-17k you will want to upgrade because you settled for the car you bought because it was cheap. If that's the case, you pay tax twice on two cars you had to buy when it could've been done once. I've wanted an s2k for three years, but never wanted to dish out the money and always looked for a cheap car to settle for. Those cars came and went and the lust for the S was still there. I set my budget and spent it and I'm completely satisfied. If there's one thing you could learn from my search and experience of viewing "cheaper" s2000's is that they are priced cheap in a market where the value isn't dropping for a reason. A clean ap1 with under 100k will fetch $15k plus because that's what the market has stayed at. If a car with same mileage is going for 3-4k cheaper either the owner is uneducated, or the car is a jalopy. It's your money spend it wisely for waste time with rebuilt titles and theft recoveries. They'll suffice FOR THE TIME BEING, but you'll regret it and chances are get stuck with it
Old 03-13-2014, 03:48 PM
Zay

Alright thanks guys, there's currently some great looking early ap1's on kijiji for around ~14k, that seems to be about the correct price. Example: http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ563971566

Look's like I'll save up for a bit longer till I'm able to get a car that I won't regret buying, like the one in the link.

Thanks again,

Zay
Old 03-13-2014, 04:59 PM

Its really hard to find a good clean title s2k for that price in Toronto. That being said don't give up, I searched about 2.5 years before I found the perfect one for a decent price. but i really wanted a yellow one so that's why it took longer. Like what everybody has mentioned so far, these cars come and go fast if they are clean so keep your eyes open.