Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Hey- Tampx 26

Old 07-29-2003, 04:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vince.....
Criticize me for wearing suits everyday and I will bring up the fact that you own multiple pairs of COTTON GINNY track pants.
Old 07-29-2003, 04:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by PLYRS 3
they only have 3 oval races out of a 20 race sked.....
So they are dumbasses 15% of the time.....
Old 07-29-2003, 04:43 AM

Originally posted by Triple-H

That is the worst idea I have read in weeks!

Jacques is a loser. Period. A cranky overpaid bitter has-been.

You can not blame it all on the car because if that were true why is it that the young kid Button does better than Jacques almost every race?

There is no way BMW should (or would) stick their neck out for an old overpaid fart like Jacques. We are talking about Frank Williams here. Hello? Remember Frank? He is the owner most likely to go with a young blood any day of the week. Frank likes to get them young and mold them into what he wants. He does not have the patience to deal with drivers that have become set in their ways. And as a die-hard BMW fan, Jacques is the last person in F1 right now I would want driving for BMW!
I dont think so, look at it this way..Jacques is a proven driver, but he has also proven totally ineffective at developing a car. Put him in a good one and I bet you see a pretty good driver in him again. AND your missing the point. He sucks now, hes unhappy now. HES CHEAP NOW.

Ink up an option to acquire him full time at todays price, which is sure to be the lowest on the grid.
Old 07-29-2003, 04:55 AM

Originally posted by BioBanker
I dont think so, look at it this way..Jacques is a proven driver, but he has also proven totally ineffective at developing a car. Put him in a good one and I bet you see a pretty good driver in him again. AND your missing the point. He sucks now, hes unhappy now. HES CHEAP NOW.

Ink up an option to acquire him full time at todays price, which is sure to be the lowest on the grid.
I still stand by my statement, Jacques is a has been. And I still believe in this adage - you get what you pay for. Therefore, Jacques at a low salary = not much of a driver or a team contribution.

And you are missing MY point, Frank Williams will not hire an older established driver, and that is exactly what Jacques is.
Old 07-29-2003, 06:48 AM

Originally posted by BioBanker

I used to be a huge JV fan, but for the last few years, I really wish he would shut the up and prove it on the track.

I don't think that williams will be looking for a driver only type of person, they need the feedback EVERY race to stay competetive with Ferrari. MS is THE best person at this imo and if williams does not get the same from thier drivers...they will fall back again. I believe that the only thing hold Ferrari from dominating again this year are thier tires. Michelin has done a great job.

I also have to agree with Doug about the type of person Frank Williams is after, the second JV opens his mouth, he would be gone. That said a race by race contract could be interesting if JV controls his mouth and listens to what other are saying they need from him.
Old 07-29-2003, 06:52 AM

More on Montoya/McLaren...

Coulthard under pressure
As McLaren zero in on Montoya
[28/07/03 - 22:38]

Scotsman David Coulthard's mixed spell at the McLaren Formula One team could be drawing to a close as they have targeted Colombian driver Juan Pablo Montoya it was revealed by the BBC on Monday.

While Williams still have the 27-year-old under contract for one more season, it is believed by the BBC that McLaren will make a serious bid to lure him away when it is up.

While McLaren have yet to confirm Coulthard as their second driver for next season, alongside championship contender Kimi Raikkonen, it is thought unlikely that Frank Williams would allow Montoya to go before his contract ends.

Montoya, who has two victories to his name since he made his debut in 2001 including this season's Monaco Grand Prix and was third in the drivers standings last year, has been keen to see his salary increased as he is paid a lot less than German teammate Ralf Schumacher by Williams. A source close to Williams told the BBC it was "highly unlikely" Montoya would leave the team at the end of this year.

McLaren could face a battle with Toyota, who have also expressed an interest in signing Montoya when he becomes available. While McLaren chief Ron Dennis is good friends with fellow team owner Frank Williams, it has not stopped him from taking away his rival's prime sources of income before.

In the 1980s, he lured away one of Williams' biggest sponsors, the TAG Group, and a few years later persuaded engine supplier Honda to jump ship, leaving Williams struggling with customer engines for a season. However McLaren refused to comment publicly on the speculation surrounding their drivers line-up. "There is a lot of speculation about drivers in F1 and we are not in the business of commenting on it," said managing director Martin Whitmarsh. "When or if there's anything to say, we'll say it."
Old 07-29-2003, 07:41 AM

yup, I really hope I he does not go to Toyota.. that team is in such internal turmoil that many people are not aware of..
Old 07-29-2003, 09:27 AM

And although I'm no huge Mercedes fan as TAMPX 26 will attest to, I would rather see Montoya go to McLaren than Toyota, and clearly I'm sad to hear he is potentially leaving BMW.

So Simon, what I want to know is WTF is up with Rubens. Is his contract still up in the air? If it is here is a big name and a good racer who several of the top teams might be interested in. I mean if Montoya is going to McLaren, Coultard is going to the front porch to rock his time away with Mika, where the hell is Rubens going?