Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Hey- Tampx 26

Old 07-28-2003, 09:29 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yup....
Old 07-28-2003, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, what did he lose? 20, 30 lbs?
Old 07-28-2003, 10:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

besides, when they get rid of all the driver aides next year, guys'll be bitching and complaining all over the place......
yes I agree because F1 drivers are the biggest of 'whiners' ... worst than baseball players.. heh heh heh

no automatic gearbox - However, the "car to pit" telemetry is rescinded for '04 , so it contradicts this ban. If over rev'ng on downshifts occur, the pit may still be able to catch it on time quite possibly?

This will transform the steering wheel buttons/paddles completely while eliminate the auto "shift to 2nd gear" button completely. They'll have to learn to downshift. Something the CART boyz, do more handily than F1 drivers.

So we may see some nice engine blow ups on downshifts from drivers. heh heh heh

Still have traction control. No biggie here.

no launch control - so nice messy rubbery starts hopefully

so I think next year is a PERRRRFFFECT year for CART drivers to come over to the other side of the pond.. I think the likes of Montoya, da Matta and possibly Tracy would impress and possibly "scare" some F1 drivers out there with their "CART" driving skills.

and with Bernie set to "buy" CART .. who knows ? I certainly hope CART does NOT lose is overall championship point leader to IRL..

just my $02
s2ksimon
Old 07-28-2003, 10:04 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by quick_lude
[B]Damn, what did he lose?
Old 07-28-2003, 10:06 AM

I agree Max M. and Bernie E. have a very strong influence over the media when it comes to drivers, well in fact to all of the F1 related media and its presentation of "their" sport...

I also think there might be a cultural difference coming into play, we Americans are just in general loud mouths, but not all people are, but often we expect them to be.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:08 AM

Originally posted by s2ksimon
Still have traction control. No biggie here.
actually, that is a BIG biggie.......

tracy feels that's the reason why he' been so much faster this year.....now, it's all about the driver....and less about the "car".

he said the electronics used to interfere with his driving style.....
Old 07-28-2003, 10:08 AM

it just would be "nice" to shake things up in F1 as its so Robotic like
Old 07-28-2003, 10:47 AM

To me the electronic enhancements are part of F1, some of it may be overkill, but right or wrong I just think of that as part of F1. Reliability is such a huge part of F1, and with all those systems interacting, it is easy to not get it right, and then you have DNFs, and that will not win a manufacture's championship.

And Simon, robotic like? So what you saying is you would like a crazy drunk fan to wonder out onto every track like at Silverstone, just to shake things up???
Old 07-28-2003, 11:16 AM

robotic like in the sense that these guys talk the same, say the same thing in every interview.. no real characters in the paddock like the Senna's, Mansells, Villeneuve's, and Salo's of the paddock's past who took chances on the track and were vocal, and did not say the same things all the time.. spoke their mind.. now we just have idiots who drive the best car and break down in tears over one race win
Old 07-28-2003, 11:56 AM

Ah yes, the days of Senna trying out his new learned over the winter boxing skills, yup, don't see that anymore.....

Eddie Irvine always had a mouth; but then again it got his ass fired from Ferrari. And now all we have is Jacques, and he to complains up a storm, and jeez, guess what, he may have his ass fired also.....

Your right, all the modern F-1 guys are every professional, and frankly I don't have a problem with that, it is after all F1, not a bunch of open wheel bone heads who drive at 200 mph in a circle inside a concrete wall.....

Quick Reply: Hey- Tampx 26