Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Hey- Tampx 26

Old 07-28-2003, 07:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clearly PT would be better than that Canadian BAR has now, what's his name again??????

Old 07-28-2003, 08:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Triple-H
But then if Montoya goes to Williams, who knows.....
i see you've been dipping into the sauce again...

he's already with williams, RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!
Old 07-28-2003, 08:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PT just wont fit in Formula One; not that he isnt a good enough driver, but he is definately too Tie Domie like for F1.

I think that the sponsors and the teams would have a tough time controlling the guy outside of the car.
Old 07-28-2003, 08:37 AM

yeah, but some of the existing drivers in F1 are pretty outspoken, too.....

besides, when they get rid of all the driver aides next year, guys'll be bitching and complaining all over the place......

mind you, i think montoya is pretty outspoken already.....
Old 07-28-2003, 08:46 AM

But there is no one even close to PT...you have whiners in F1, but the vocal attacks on other drivers and their teams are far more silenced...

For the record, I think INDY has this one right. Everyone should be able to call it as they see it as loudly as they want. In the end, if the sponsors dont like it, dump the driver, but nice guys finish last and sponsors should want to win.

That is why Im a Michael Schumacher lover. His job is to win and although it is terribly unsportsman like to drive someone off course to do so, if winning is his priority, then I respect him for wining first and making friends later.
Old 07-28-2003, 08:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PLYRS 3
[B]
i see you've been dipping into the sauce again...
Old 07-28-2003, 08:56 AM

Originally posted by BioBanker
But there is no one even close to PT...you have whiners in F1, but the vocal attacks on other drivers and their teams are far more silenced...

For the record, I think INDY has this one right. Everyone should be able to call it as they see it as loudly as they want. In the end, if the sponsors dont like it, dump the driver, but nice guys finish last and sponsors should want to win.

That is why Im a Michael Schumacher lover. His job is to win and although it is terribly unsportsman like to drive someone off course to do so, if winning is his priority, then I respect him for wining first and making friends later.
or, maybe we (fans/media) aren't privy to it??

in CART, you see the chatting, interviews etc., right on the grid before a race....you don't see that in F1.....

when was the last time you saw an F1 driver being interviewed just as he was getting ready to hop in his car?

hell, i can't remember EVER seeing "impromptu" interviews with ANY F1 drivers.

the more exposure the drivers have with the media, the more stuff we'll hear.....

also, the formats are different.....we wouldn't get any complaining about other drivers if CART instituted single-car qualifying.
Old 07-28-2003, 09:01 AM

Originally posted by PLYRS 3

or, maybe we (fans/media) aren't privy to it??

in CART, you see the chatting, interviews etc., right on the grid before a race....you don't see that in F1.....

when was the last time you saw an F1 driver being interviewed just as he was getting ready to hop in his car?

hell, i can't remember EVER seeing "impromptu" interviews with ANY F1 drivers.

the more exposure the drivers have with the media, the more stuff we'll hear.....

also, the formats are different.....we wouldn't get any complaining about other drivers if CART instituted single-car qualifying.
good point, but i doubt that the media is the one pulling the curtains on f1 drivers; but your right, they dont have the same access to the drivers as in indy.
Old 07-28-2003, 09:16 AM

no, the media obviously wouldn't restrict itself....F1 is doing that.

i think knowing the "vibe" in the paddock is important for fan-involvement, recruitment, etc..

unfortunately, F1 is SO high profile, that it doesn't have to worry about that....they have more fans than they know what to do with.

people want to go to an F1 race just b/c it's F1.
Old 07-28-2003, 09:28 AM

PT is down to 168lbs!?

Quick Reply: Hey- Tampx 26