Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

help me contact some Ontario people skipping duty

Old 12-31-2007, 02:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default help me contact some Ontario people skipping duty

We've had numerous issues with Candian residents dodging duties lately that are then sent to us for payment if they do not pay.

Ive made multiple attempts to call or email all of these people with no or limited replies. Help me notify them, or they all go to collections ASAP. I have been more than patient with all of them. Please PM or email me with any information.

current list of non payers
- caution to any person or vendor shipping to these people from the USA! -

TARCY NASCINMENTO
HWANG ROK OH
MARK LI
WALLY MARCINKOVIC
Old 12-31-2007, 05:31 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How are they dodging paying taxes and duty? My UPS dude won't give me the package until I pay him. Same goes for the post office. How are you shipping such that people can take delivery without paying the taxes??

I'd really like to know how to receive my imported goods and not pay the import taxes. I'd like to use that trick someday and I've yet to manage it.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cthree,Dec 31 2007, 06:31 PM
How are they dodging paying taxes and duty? My UPS dude won't give me the package until I pay him. Same goes for the post office. How are you shipping such that people can take delivery without paying the taxes??

I'd really like to know how to receive my imported goods and not pay the import taxes. I'd like to use that trick someday and I've yet to manage it.
How Bout you contact these users here and give me there info on the forum and I'll tell ya how I shipped
Old 12-31-2007, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He shipped the dumb way obviously. Seriously if you ship in a fashion that ends up being your problem then its your problem isn't it?

Unless I get the bill when it hits my door, its not my ****ing problem.

Oh yeah the names you posted look like someone just threw up letters, are they real?

Tarcy? Wally Polishname....Hwang is kinda cool, cause you could say the H stands for Huge.

Erock there is a whole new revenue stream for you, S2KI collections.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:40 PM
Administrator

You can out these guys, that's fine but up here they are the stuff of legend. Sticking an American with your tax bill and getting away with it is pure gold in these parts.

Tell your shipper to go F*** themselves and ship with someone who has a clue.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:04 AM
Former Sponsor

we've put a new policy in place to protect us from further trouble with the collection of duties. Cthree, any real help would be appreciated instead of supporting this type of behavior. Its just the same as any other member screwing over another member here on a sold item. I'd like to avoid any collection agency sourcing if possible.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:42 AM
Administrator

I don't know any of those guys and considering you shipped them product have a lot more information than I do. I don't see the behaviour you speak of. You shipped them product and paid their taxes for them. Like I said this is your shipper's problem for not collecting the taxes COD. I've never heard of that even being possible. You can send it to collections and I wish you luck.