Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

hate those scums...

Old 10-04-2004, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hate those scums...

well.. my mom got into a car accident today.. rear ended someone... our car is fine.. his car has a bit of damage on the bumper (haven't seen it myself)... the guy wants my mom's info (DL number, insurance etc) but won't give it to my mom info of himself at first...

afterwards he gave in... and shared the info... now .. here is the interesting part...
he said if we don't wanna go thru insurance.. he is going to give us a quote and he estimate it will be $3000 bucks... (it's an infinity for god's sake)...

it will be interesting when i talk to this guy tonight... heh heh
Old 10-04-2004, 01:12 PM

3000..HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH....go thru insurance I bet his is expired.
Old 10-04-2004, 01:16 PM

!!!!
I'll bet you any money, he doesn't have insurance and is trying to get some $$$ from you.
Old 10-04-2004, 01:24 PM

Yep - suggest that they should meet up at a police station to file the report, and say "dont worry - our insurance will take care of it once we provide them with an accident report".

call his insurance co to verify hes covered if you like - ive had a guy, who hit me in my old winter car Si, present an invalid insurance slip to the cops - he had been dropped a couple weeks prior and didnt say to the cops...i had to cover the deductable...and he walked scot free
Old 10-04-2004, 01:25 PM

What ever you do, don't let your insurance company find out about this! Even if they don't pay out a penny they will hold this against your mom as an at fault accident.

This happened to my ex. She rear ended some POS and they guy cried whiplash. The insurance co. called his bluff, and never paid out a cent. However, the following year when she was in and accident that the insurance co. had to pay out on, they told her that now that was two at fault accidents and proceeded to bend her over. Now normally that would be a good thing, but not in this case.

Give him a thousand bucks and call it a day. It will cost many times that if your insurance co. gets wind of this.
Old 10-04-2004, 01:47 PM

well... i found out more about it...

the damage on his bumper was from the four bolts on the licence plate that screws onto my mom's car front bumper... it got indented into his bumper... one penetrated thru...

guy is driving a G35... he got quoted 19XX bucks ... he insisted on going to his own garage ... not the dealership.. that includes new bumper (700 or so) paint.. labour... and rental car for 5 days while the car is fixed...

i have checked with my insurance (too bad MOTU.. a little too late) ... and the rate of our house will be doubled (due to various claims my family have had before)... i do see he is trying to rip us... but i guess it's our fault and i will see if i can talk him down on the ing car rental...

this ing sucks.. back in the days when i got rear ended... i let the guy go... now it's the other way around and we got screwed... !!
Old 10-04-2004, 01:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doesn't sound like he's screwing you too much. It was her fault.

I was rearended a couple of months ago in my subaru, no damage I wanted to get home I let them go. Any damage though and I would have made them fix it.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:18 PM
Fob

Good luck Fred...
Old 10-04-2004, 04:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

rental??? if its a new bumper order new bumper... paint it... drop car in shop rent car 1 afternoon pick up car DONE
whats this 5 day bullshitT??
Old 10-04-2004, 05:19 PM

darren.. how much is a G35 bumper? do you know? the dude said that there might be damage underneath that he can't tell...

Quick Reply: hate those scums...