Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

This has been discussed before

Old 11-22-2006, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Show up to court in hot pants that say POINTS on the ass.

Done.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by ^AnDre^,Nov 22 2006, 12:55 PM
Try Points.. i used them and got off my ticket scott free. They were cheap too, much cheaper than x-copper which i have used several times in the past. I was able to get off my 148 in 100 zone due to section 11.2 of the charter of rights and freedom, which is basically that you should be "served" (better yet have a trial) within a reasonable time (11 months being unreasonable). it is not your fault that the courts can not find a justice of peace. It is your right to a speedy and fair trial, they cannot make you wait. Strongly suggest anyone with a ticket read that act, there is stuff in there which is worth more than gold !
I never knew about that, I think my court date is passed 11 months by a couple of days or so. Im going to be sure to mention it to my lawyer or whatever these guys are called.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:15 PM

Btw, for insurance purposes you must get the ticket thrown out totally without a conviction. They don't care if you were speeding 15 km/hr over, ie no points or 49 km/hr over. It's still a conviction on your record so pleading the ticket down (which is what many ticket fighters do) is useless, you need to get off with no conviction.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:46 PM

Try Points.. i used them and got off my ticket scott free. They were cheap too, much cheaper than x-copper which i have used several times in the past. I was able to get off my 148 in 100 zone due to section 11.2 of the charter of rights and freedom, which is basically that you should be "served" (better yet have a trial) within a reasonable time (11 months being unreasonable). it is not your fault that the courts can not find a justice of peace. It is your right to a speedy and fair trial, they cannot make you wait. Strongly suggest anyone with a ticket read that act, there is stuff in there which is worth more than gold !
Now that's useful information

I am going to do some serious reading
Old 11-23-2006, 04:02 AM

It's referred to as an Askov delay. Stems back to this,

http://www.hrcr.org/safrica/access_courts/...da/r_askov.html

If your old enough, you will remember when some 7000 cases were tossed out because of this. Rape, assault cases etc. everything but murder cases.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyCB,Nov 23 2006, 02:46 AM
I am going to do some serious reading
you have to go to school for that.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by BioBanker,Nov 22 2006, 08:19 AM
Get one of THESE
mmmm..... I've wanted one for the longest time.

what happens if you get cought with one?
Old 11-23-2006, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by mikeys2k,Nov 22 2006, 11:43 PM
I went with these guys. www.charged.ca
My ticket is still in court so i'll see how it goes, but from what I've heard, from a couple people who have gone with them, is that they really fight to the last straw to win the case for you.
Take a look at some of their case studies on the site.
I also got caught in a spot I always know about, stupid Allen Road
Fight Smart! Never Give up!

Do I get a t-shirt with that line if they win?
Old 11-23-2006, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by BlackieZ,Nov 23 2006, 03:42 PM
mmmm..... I've wanted one for the longest time.

what happens if you get cought with one?
http://www.speedzones.com/radar_detector_detectors.html

In Canada, only three provinces allow the use of radar detectors being, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and British Columbia. Section 79 of the Ontario Highway Traffic Act spells out the penalties for operating a radar detector in this Canadian province including confiscation and a fine up to $1,000. World-wide, many governments ban radar detector use.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:37 PM

I've only ever heard of them smashing the detectors on the spot, I don't know anybody who's actually gotten a ticket.

I have a detector at home, but I rarely end up using it. Paying attention to technology distracts me from watching out for the cops with my eyes.

Quick Reply: This has been discussed before