Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Got a no front plate ticket yesterday

Old 09-07-2006, 07:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the sticker on the ownership is BS.

when i got my sticker renewed, i had my plates on a different car (740)....those plates are now on the M3....hence a new ownership was printed up.

where am i supposed to get the corresponding sticker from?????????

no where....MOF can't reprint those stickers.

i highly doubt it's enforceable AT ALL!
Old 09-07-2006, 07:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you already have a plate sticker and it gets stolen or damaged or somethig, you go to a MTO office and request a replacement. Its $7.

Im pretty sure the cop just gave me that ticket so that I was more likely to put the plate back on the front. Just a $110 ticket for front plate, most would say fack it, pay the ticket and forget all about putting it back on.

This way, the fines a bit more, and maybe Ill take the time to rid myself of both tickets, and to do that I put the front plate back on.

Plus, he saw an NSX without a plate. I HIGHLY doubt Id have been pulled over if my Sienna had no plate.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by BioBanker,Sep 7 2006, 11:31 AM

Plus, he saw an NSX without a plate. I HIGHLY doubt Id have been pulled over if my Sienna had no plate.
probably not the car... the big FnF wing on the back now is what gawtcha !!!
Old 09-07-2006, 08:20 AM

Or the FnF Yellow stylz y0!
Old 09-07-2006, 08:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was pulled over a few years ago, the cop told me to bring the car to the cop shop within 24 hours and show them that I had it on or he will write me up a ticket.

So I did, when I went to the front desk and explained what the cop made me do, he laughed and ripped up the notice and told me to have a nice day.

Happened again two years later when I was behind a cop and playing my music (I had the system on 10 out of 50, not loud). After 5 minutes of folowing the cop she decided to pull me over and said she's going to give me two tickets. One for having my music too loud and two for the plate.

Then she said it's my lucky day and she'll only give me the plate ticket. I objected and said i'll take the loud music ticket instead so I can show my friends and have braging rights. She wasn't happy about that and gave me the improper mounting of license ticket.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by BioBanker,Sep 7 2006, 11:31 AM
if you already have a plate sticker and it gets stolen or damaged or somethig, you go to a MTO office and request a replacement. Its $7.
but that's the PLATE sticker...not the little paper one that goes on the back of the ownership.

unless you're saying that if you don't have the little paper one, they re-issue you a new plate sticker (which then comes with a correpsonding little paper sticker).

be clear man....everything's in code with this guy.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:27 AM

dude, the sticker for the plate and the paper are linked via a number...you need them BOTH to match for the one on your plate to be vallid...thats how they know you didnt lift the sticker from someones plate...

i didnt think i need to spell out simple stuff

yes, they reissue you a plate sticker!
Old 09-07-2006, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by BioBanker,Sep 7 2006, 02:27 PM
dude, the sticker for the plate and the paper are linked via a number...you need them BOTH to match for the one on your plate to be vallid...thats how they know you didnt lift the sticker from someones plate...
LOL

no, they know you didn't lift the sticker b/c the # on the plate sticker matches to your vehicle VIN......

it's more important than the paper sticker.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:38 AM

He should have ticketted you for owning a yellow car!
Old 09-07-2006, 10:52 AM

Marco, are you kidding me? He was lucky enough to catch me. A direct quote from him:

"Man, these yellow cars are way too fast! Ive been trying to catch up to you for hours and I couldnt do it. The black helicopter couldnt catch you. The black plane couldnt catch you. I had to go back to the station to find a yellow police car because I knew it was the only thing that could catch you. My black POS pile of a ride just couldnt cut the mustard against your mightly yellow machine".

Quick Reply: Got a no front plate ticket yesterday