Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Got a frikken Speeding ticket..

Old 06-07-2010, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a frikken Speeding ticket..

So i got booked in a speed trap doing 89 in a 60.. I was just trying to pass some douche and wasn't really trying to speed much either. The cop was a douche and didn't even reduce it. But i'm planning to hire someone to help me fight it and try to get off this ticket. This is the first time trying this stuff so i'm not sure who I should go with and what type of success rate it has.. I don't want this ticket on my record period. Does anyone have any experience with ticket fighters and which one would you guys suggest? any help or input on this situation would be great. thanks!
Old 06-07-2010, 02:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i just go myself.
they are lots in the yellow pages.
they all do the same thing.

if you want my advice, quit acting like yourself and more like the douche you were following who laughed at you when you got a ticket.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by 6013641,Jun 7 2010, 05:04 PM
if you want my advice, quit acting like yourself and more like the douche you were following who laughed at you when you got a ticket.

+1
Old 06-07-2010, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by 6013641,Jun 7 2010, 02:04 PM
i just go myself.
they are lots in the yellow pages.
they all do the same thing.

LOL

+2!
Old 06-07-2010, 05:22 PM

wait- this goes to the two posters above

your telling me, you drive your s2000 at speed limit 100% of the time and never passed anyone?

if that's the case- sell me your vtec solenoid since obviously you have no need for it- only a douche would drive recklessly by revving that high risking the chance of a speeding ticket and or dangerous driving.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:23 PM

to the original poster- defend it yourself- go to first attendance and try to negotiate something- the ticket will NEVER be thrown out unless the cop does not show out- try to reach an agreement to drop the points - that is your first priority. Thinking they will just sweep the ticket under the rug so its NEVER on your record is a pipe dream.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:36 PM

i got three speeding tickets last year..first one i hired the xcoppers they only got it reduced.no points..second one the cop didn't show up at the court all tickets trown out..third one i went in early talked to the prosecutor got in reduced to 65 no point..just go do it ur self if the cop dosn't show up u get lucky or keep sending ur brother or sister till the cop doesn't show up one day lol..
Old 06-07-2010, 06:53 PM

I think what people are trying to get at is you don't need to be doing 89 in a 60 to pass someone. Also, the real douche isn't the person that got passed, nor the officer that's doing his job...

The most cost effective way would be going to court yourself and see if the prosecutor will cut you a deal.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:55 AM

You guys are all being too hard on the op. If he wants to speed, let him... don't criticise him because everyone here knows they have done the same thing at some point. 89 is basically the top of 2nd... not really too tough to get booked on that one.

Yesterday I pulled out of parking lot, 1st, 2nd and just a shift in to third.... I saw the cop up ahead (basically like 150-200 yards from where I pulled onto the road... and I looked at speedo and it was 66km's and speed limit was 50km's.

OP, to answer your question I have always hired someone to go to court or whatever because it's just not worth me taking a day off work or using holiday etc.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by s2kobsession,Jun 8 2010, 05:55 AM
You guys are all being too hard on the op. If he wants to speed, let him... don't criticise him because everyone here knows they have done the same thing at some point. 89 is basically the top of 2nd... not really too tough to get booked on that one.
I don't think it's the fact that they were being hard on the guy... I think they were just trying to make a point that he kept saying everyone else was a Douche when the one was just driving and the other was just doing his job.

Either way back on topic!
I always go myself and it gets lowered to usually 15 over... but thats still 3 points.
If their really nice you will get 14 over and have no points, but depends on the person.

Quick Reply: Got a frikken Speeding ticket..