Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Good Body shop for pain job

Old 03-10-2012, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Body shop for pain job

I got into a fender bender... driver side front fender needed replacement... anyways the shop that did the paint job to match my rio yellow did a horrible job in my opinion.. the color is much lighter then the oem paint that comes with the car.. and it doesn't have that nice shine. Anyone here have a good shop that they can recommend that is also possibly not expensive ... i live in Mississauga so the closer the better!

Thanks
Old 03-10-2012, 10:12 AM

No body shop will ever do a good job at matching the rio yellow paint..

I had to get the whole front end repainted where they also partially painted the doors to blend the paint for a seamless result

I personally wouldn't listen to any body shop that would say that they can do a great job at matching the paint.. I tried twice with my OEM front lip
Old 03-10-2012, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by therein60mins

I had to get the whole front end repainted where they also partially painted the doors to blend the paint for a seamless result

I personally wouldn't listen to any body shop that would say that they can do a great job at matching the paint.. I tried twice with my OEM front lip

god damn that stresses me out... how much did you end up paying to get that done?
Old 03-11-2012, 09:26 AM

Yeah colour matching is much harder than blending panels.
I am Going to repaint my bumper and will have to repaint a bit of the rear fenders.
Since it is going to be off. It doesn't matter cause you can't see it with the naked eye.
I didn't know that even in oem paint there are different shades depending on when your car was painted. Meanin your could of been at the top of a full paint barrel and it would have been shade x. But at the buttom it woul have been shade xy.

Downtown auto collision did an amazing job on my a4. But I think this is outta pocket?
Old 03-11-2012, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by highbass
Originally Posted by therein60mins' timestamp='1331406734' post='21496517

god damn that stresses me out... how much did you end up paying to get that done?

I paid $250 and $300 to get my front lip repainted..

I finally took it to Car Aid Autobody after the garage door scratched up my front bumper.. My hood wasnt perfect either at least?
They were honest enough to tell me what they needed to do to get what i wanted.. $1000 later.. check out the S2K photo thread.. Im on page 3....
Old 03-11-2012, 07:31 PM

your paint job looks absolutely a million times better then what this douche did on my fender... it is so unbearable noticable outside... and on top of that he didn't even put the s2000 embelm back on the car.. i guess he saved it for the next guy who will do the paint job again.

anyways im going to go talk to the guys but going to do some research before hand. i got the body manual from www.helm.com once that comes to mail and i give it a read regarding paint I think i will feel more comfortable discussing with body shop.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Holeecow
Yeah colour matching is much harder than blending panels.
I am Going to repaint my bumper and will have to repaint a bit of the rear fenders.
Since it is going to be off. It doesn't matter cause you can't see it with the naked eye.
I didn't know that even in oem paint there are different shades depending on when your car was painted. Meanin your could of been at the top of a full paint barrel and it would have been shade x. But at the buttom it woul have been shade xy.

Downtown auto collision did an amazing job on my a4. But I think this is outta pocket?

this is definitely out of pocket... what was the shop called downtowm?
Old 03-12-2012, 06:35 AM

give John at Assured Toryork a call 416 742 3233. He is a car guy, he will be straight with you
Old 03-12-2012, 07:49 AM

I work at a body shop here in Etobicoke called 427 Auto Collision. We are a huge family run shop thats been around since 1970 and they do really good work here. If you send me pictures of the color difference I'll be happy to send you a quote.

You can email me at lindsay@427suto.com
Old 03-12-2012, 10:48 AM

Just had Pro Star in Brampton paint my S2000 time attack project, Rui did an awesome job, I'd recommend him. 905-866-6686

Quick Reply: Good Body shop for pain job