Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Going to toss this idea around

Old 09-16-2008, 08:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Going to toss this idea around

I do have a couple of sketches done, so I'm ALMOST done brainstorming. Just want to gather interest on a fall-themed photoshoot. I MIGHT tie this into a fashion shoot if I can pull it off with the scheduling and other various logistics, but for now I'm mainly focusing on a car shoot.

What I'm looking for: 4 to 5 willing participants. I also need a "camera" car so to speak, but if no one can volunteer a van, I guess I'll either hitch a ride as a passenger on someone else's car and just do my thing top down. (A van would work awesome, and I probably could get someone to pilot the van)

The reason I'm limiting this to 4 / 5 guys is because:
a) I don't want a BUNCH of cars rolling together; not with this stupid street racing law out there.
b) More importantly, I don't want to rush my shots. I'd rather know the fact that I have time to work with the 4 to 5 cars rather than rush and get all my shots in with 8 to 10 cars.

Fall themed shots, both motion and static. I'll decide in 7 to 10 days whether I have enough to go thru with this, by which time I'll send interested parties a PM detailing my plans, etc. You guys can reply here if you want in and we'll go from there. It'll be quite early in the morning, I'll warn you guys now. Early as in crack of dawn early , I need that light to do my work.

There will be a charge for this. It won't be an arm and a leg. $20 for s2ki members, $30 for non members. Each person gets 4 fully editted pictures at 1280x1024 (that'll get you 4 x 6 prints if you were to take it to a lab). The timetable I'm looking at is either September 27th (might be too early) or the weekend after that. Thanksgiving weekend everyone is doing family stuff, but if there are enough ppl that wants to do it that weekend, I won't mind. We could have a mini s2ki lunch meet after if you guys are interested.

Edit: If you guys want to see some of the work I've done, you can go here. Flickr's my picture refuge while I get my website up and running, by which time I'll take it down.

Borbor's Work

Interested List:
1. Spoon Fed
2. Rev_2_8k
3. s2kobsession
4. JadeDragon
5. Aaron
6. Type D
7. Nick
8. Deeds
Old 09-16-2008, 08:26 PM

Received 195 Likes on 132 Posts

I'm 100% in if you want to use me/my car. Name the time and place and I'll be there. I would kill for some rolling shots of my car. (And shots of the southern Ontario mob)

Great idea btw.

Chris
Old 09-17-2008, 02:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm game Cyril...besides, would like some nice memories before the AP2 sells :-)
Old 09-17-2008, 05:53 AM

i'm willing as well, not sure about the 27th though...
Old 09-18-2008, 08:44 AM

i'd be interested for sure if my car is good enough for the shoot...

i have no pictures of my car, so it would definitely be nice to have some!

let me know...and same for me the 27th isn't looking to good.

aaron
Old 09-18-2008, 11:07 AM

We are doing cruise for the cure on the 27th weekend borbor... maybe if you want to drag some s2k guys out to that there will be some cars to shoot.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:00 PM

IM down if you need 1 more =)
Old 09-18-2008, 12:17 PM

Hey Borbor - I would be interested (time permitting). If you need an extra car flip me a message.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:18 PM

i'm down count me in
Old 09-18-2008, 06:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. Wasn't expecting to fill one list, nevermind on the border of having 2 lists filled.

Something came up so that wiped the 27th weekend off for me, which seems to work out better for some of you guys What I'm thinking to do then is to have it on both days of the weekend of Oct 5th and 6th. Weather permitting of course. IF for some reason there are those who don't celebrate thanksgiving all three days, I can make that weekend as a rain date for those who couldn't make it on the 5th BUT could make it on the following weekend. If I could get all 8 of you guys done in those two days, then that'll just be dandy.

I'm keeping my eyes peeled on the temperature, so fingers crossed we get SOME colour change that weekend.

If you guys are ok with my proposed arrangement, that's where we'll go for now. Any further interested parties will be put on a "reserved" list to fill in for the guys who can't make it on those two days.

Quick Reply: Going to toss this idea around