Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Gas prices ....

Old 04-04-2012, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those of us traveling to the dragon next week, in Michigna on the weekend I paid $4.30 at BP for premium. Here in Chatham it was $1.45 per liter. Perhaps you should buy just enough gas to get you through the border.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Henwhee
just to let you know, gas is cheaper in the states because that's where gas comes from. Oil comes from around the world, but the US is the largest gasoline exporter in the world. Of course gasoline is cheaper for them because it is a local product, while shit has to be exported to Canada. Also why gasoline in EU and Asia are much more expensive than NA.. even though there's a few gasoline exporters in Asia/Russia.
ftp://ftp.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/pe...nt/import.html

you realize that Canada is the largest exporter to the US for oil???

We are getting screwed hard, especially in Ontario.

The politicians don't care because a) They have gas cards which the tax payer pays for. b) the tax they are taking in (over 30% tax on gas)
Old 04-04-2012, 08:19 PM

The reasoning behind today's increase is said to be due to a chanageover to summer fuel mix, if that is the case we never hear about a reduction in price when it changes to winter fuel mix ?.
Actually I do recall them mentioning a price change due to winter fuel mix. I recall them INCREASING the price due to having to add gas line antifreeze and other bullish additives to the mix. It seems they use the same excuse but its always an INCREASE, guess that really isn't any surprise.

And don't worry guys I can make a fire without fuel and we will just use all those voting politician signs to keep it going! There should be plenty around on all the lawns whenever the next election takes place, LOL
Old 04-05-2012, 02:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Niteshade
For those of us traveling to the dragon next week, in Michigna on the weekend I paid $4.30 at BP for premium. Here in Chatham it was $1.45 per liter. Perhaps you should buy just enough gas to get you through the border.
That is exactly what I was thinking already. You must be reading my mind!
Old 04-05-2012, 07:48 AM

We are all frustrated but the reality is as long as people pay, gas prices will increase. We complain all day about it but to be honest no one actually DOES anything. How can there be change without action?

I'm down for burning government buildings.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:49 AM

Can anyone explain why we have so much oil in Alberta, but we have to sell it to the US, then buy it back, then end up paying $1.50/L for gas from our own oil?
Old 04-08-2012, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by cottoncandyek
Can anyone explain why we have so much oil in Alberta, but we have to sell it to the US, then buy it back, then end up paying $1.50/L for gas from our own oil?
Because Harper and the Conservative gov't are really a US government waving a Canadian flag. From electoral tactics to military priority. The middle class is disappearing faster then ever. All the facts are there, just need to read the news.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:35 AM

We don't refine much of our own oil, so they refine it, and we buy it back.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:18 PM

I think it's the fact that we need American refineries to make our oil usable.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by VTECMAN99
Originally Posted by cottoncandyek' timestamp='1333640955' post='21578991
I think it's the fact that we need American refineries to make our oil usable.
We choose to refine in the US. If we wanted to, we could refine here, why not? (perhaps it's because it would create a ton of jobs and help support our economy, who knows).

Quick Reply: Gas prices ....