Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Feeler: Trading '05 Mazda RX-8 GT for S2K....

Old 02-06-2010, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feeler: Trading '05 Mazda RX-8 GT for S2K....

Hi guys,

I'm a happy owner of a velocity red 2005 Mazda RX-8 GT, but I'd be even happier if I could trade it for an S2K. The reason is just wanting to try my "competitor's" side of the coin. hehe....I've owned my RX-8 for over two years and she's served me well.

I don't know the S2000 community well and I don't know if it would be a direct swap, but I'm only looking to do a direct swap. If it costs me more to swap my car, then I'll just keep my RX-8 as I'm happy with it....if it's a direct swap, then I'd love to exchange it for an S2K as I hear it's a lovely drive as well.

Here are the specs for my car (including pics):

- 1.3L Twin-rotary engine (approx. 238 hp) mated to a six speed manual gearbox.
- Extended warranty on the engine for 10 years/160,000kms.
- DSC (Direct Stability Control), LSD and Traction control.
- All power options including power seat, heated seats and power moonroof.
- Stock HID's.
- Two-tone interior (red and black leather).
- 9 speaker Bose sound system with subwoofer and steering-mounted controls.
- Approx. 99K kms. on the engine.
- Well taken care of and all maintenances/services have been followed by Mazda.
- Bone stock/no modifications.
- 18" tires/rims (stock from the factory).

I've currently stored my RX-8 in the garage for the winter as I'm using my daily driver, so please let me know if anyone is interested for a direct trade to an S2K that's preferably bone stock and in good condition.

Thanks very much.

Ben.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:38 AM

Goodluck with the sale, perhaps you could list what you feel your car is worth so people interested feel they are making a fair trade?
Old 02-07-2010, 11:35 AM

Thanks for the help CR EH, I'll definitely take a look into how much it's worth when I get a chance as I actually didn't look into the price, because I'm not interested in selling it, rather just trading it for an S2K.

However, you do make a really good point in letting people know what my car is worth....my guess would be somewhere in the $20,000 - $25,000 range.

Let me know if anyone is interested.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:17 PM

i dont mean to offend you in any way but there is no way you car is worth even close to 25 thousand. There is currently 2005 rx8's on the trader and kijiji going for around 10 with a little bit more km's then you with clean titles. They range from about 11-17 g's (with 40 000 km) I can tell you yours does look very mint so i would imagine it be worth closer to 15. You would probably be able to trade it straight up for an ap1. RX8's are deffinitely great handling fun cars. A few of my buddies have them.

GL with everything
Old 02-07-2010, 03:33 PM

13-18k sounds around right for that kms..
Old 02-07-2010, 03:45 PM

Okay cool thanks for the info. guys....I made an over estimate in my earlier post.

So yeah anywhere from $15000 - $18000 seems right then as I did do some reference checks.

So, I can only get an AP1 for that price I'm assuming? And my next question is, does anyone wanna straight up trade?

Thanks again.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:21 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 91 Likes on 82 Posts

Think I just read a post where a guy ditched his S for one of these. I think he was having a family. You might have better luck selling it to be honest if you want to try this side of the coin since many people find the S calls their name loud and clear. Might be hard to give up a soft top as well and add two seats. Who knows, maybe some else is looking to start a family

Also, was the engine swapped? thats what I got from your post.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:43 AM

Also, was the engine swapped? thats what I got from your post.
No, the engine was never swapped....it is the original engine. Mazda sent us a letter last year stating that they will warranty the engine for 10 years/160,000kms instead of the usual warranty amount.

You might have better luck selling it to be honest if you want to try this side of the coin since many people find the S calls their name loud and clear.
No, I don't wanna go through the hassle of selling it and looking for an S2K as I'm in no hurry and I do love my RX-8....I was just putting a feeler out there for anyone that might wanna try an RX-8 as much as I wanna try the S2000.

Who knows, maybe some else is looking to start a family
Exactly! lol....Even though I'm that type of person, I'm still wanting to try the S2000, however....I guess I'm looking for someone who needs four seats without the compromise of looks, performance and handling to make the switch....anyone like that here?
Old 02-08-2010, 06:49 PM

By the way, thanks for the help guys....you seem like a nice bunch of guys that are very friendly and helpful.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChristInBen,Feb 8 2010, 11:43 AM
I guess I'm looking for someone who needs four seats without the compromise of looks, performance and handling to make the switch....anyone like that here?
Ahhhh but there is... there is...

Quick Reply: Feeler: Trading '05 Mazda RX-8 GT for S2K....