Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Drive Clean in the GTA

Old 05-19-2016, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drive Clean in the GTA

Hey guys,

I'm going to take the S2000 out of storage next week and it seems I need a Drive Clean this year. Is there anyone who I can trust with this and the fluids change with my supplied Amsoil?

I had a friggin horror story 2 years ago during a Drive clean which included but not limited to the tech trying to jam the car in reverse by thinking "R" was up near 1st (as in a VW), then popping the clutch thereby missing the tech standing in front of the car by a hair.

Suffice it to say, I will drive ANYWHERE for this Drive Clean and fluids change. Speedstar?

Thanks guys
Old 05-19-2016, 09:50 PM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Should be able to go to any/most drive clean centres and tell them you want to drive your car up to the computer. That's what I did at my local one. I even plugged the cable into the OBD port lol. There is no real reason for them to drive your car for an etest. Not necessary.
Old 05-20-2016, 05:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah just wondering if there's anyone who would handle with a little care. Have to the fluid changes too
Old 05-20-2016, 10:25 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've always entrusted my S2k to Speedstar for maintenance and do all my fluids at the beginning of each year. Good service, up front and they do know the car well.

I don't think they do E-tests though. Take it to some other place other than what you went to. They shouldn't have to drive you car as per Adrenalize's post. For me, I literally drove the car up to the computer bay, got out, dude was nice enough to ask me where my OBD port was and I pointed it out and he hooked up, turned on car and 15 minutes later, I got my papers.

The place I went to was located on 1545 Warden Ave, Scarborough. They are PACKED on weekends so best bet is to show up BEFORE it opens (10am) and line up outside the door.

ALSO: LEAVE CAR IN NEUTRAL when you give it to them. Eliminates chances of screw ups.

PS: In all fairness to the shop, if you have a shift knob that doesn't indicate where reverse is, it doesn't make life easy for them. Our push-down-slight-right-and-back-to-reverse isn't normal.