Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Don't let Rogers bully you.

Old 10-27-2006, 06:49 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sure.. only if it's cool and has funkey electronics in the visor.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With Rogers Cable (I'm now with ExpressVu) I had a similar thing happen. The whole affair lasted about 6 months.

My damn digital box kept crashing, even after being replaced twice!!. When it did, I'd call Rogers, complain, get the techie's name (not easy) and keep track of it. Then I'd look at my bill and subtract the down time from my payment.

Roger's wasn't happy but I fought it. Ended up cancelling the cable service and not paying back any of my 'generous' deductions.

Old 10-27-2006, 07:16 AM
Banned

I had an issue with my internet at my parents WAY back. They sent a tech in I don
Old 10-27-2006, 07:28 AM

This is why I have no use for Rogers or Bell (no offence to Bell workers on this site.. LOL).

Oh, I know there are a lot more of them out there. But I've had nothing but trouble of these two companies inparticular.

Especially when you work in the tech field and/or you have a good understanding of the technologies they use and see their incompetence firsthand.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:39 AM
Banned

True... sometimes it's just easier to fix it yourself.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:34 AM

hahaha.. good old Roger's .. always trying to find some way to **** you ... good for you to stick it to them.

Story #1
wife wanted to add a channel, called in, the guy was nice enough to readjust my package to a new bundle which was cheaper and had more channels... fine.

fast forward to the next month they were still charging me the old rate w/ the old package (which i had paid already -- their invoices are usually late)

fast forward to 2 months later (this month) - they readjusted my bill, cancelled my old package, took what i paid for the old packageand rolled it over to the new package that i used last month -- but somehow they "purposely" added a $20 cancellation fee for the old package (wtf? i was upgrading, not cancelling) .... good thing the CSR on at the time didn't seem to care and just credited everything back.

Story #2
They offered to give me a preview on some paid channels for free, told them to **** off 3 times but they added it anyways (good thing I checked my TV).. called back, cancelled before the preview was over - everything should be ok, right? Wrong! Instead a month later I get a bill for 2 weeks of "using" those channels that I've never used (sport pack? movie pack/ whatever it was .. an extra $40 / month)

Bitched them out the first time - they said pay what's on the bill and they'll give back the difference... **** that.. Good thing I didn't because they charged me for outstanding balance on something I wasn't suppose to pay for the next month.

Bitched them out a second time -- finally got another cool CSR to readjust my bill properly.

Damn they try to scam you anyway they can.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:30 PM
Banned

Well lots of people just say who cares. Money in their pocket.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jasonoff,Oct 27 2006, 05:30 PM
Well lots of people just say who cares. Money in their pocket.
I guess I'm not one of those that are made of money.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:46 PM
Banned

You and me both
Old 10-28-2006, 12:50 PM

Rogers Friend or Foe ?

Quick Reply: Don't let Rogers bully you.