Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Don't let Rogers bully you.

Old 10-27-2006, 05:13 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Don't let Rogers bully you.

Here's an example of standing your ground. I moved to Waterloo that was "supposed" to have FULL coverage. I had virtually NO coverage at my new house when apparently it "was" a great signal area that slowly degraded over time. I was forced to cancel my account (with contract) since they had insufficient equipment to support their customer base. There was no way in hell I was going to pay their early cancellation fee. (FYI, I've been with rogers for 8 years +)

The e-mails (Read from bottom up) Enjoy!

Hello Me. Certainly. I appreciate it. I could have an email sent to you when this occurs. Thank you!
Manager

-----Original Message-----
Sent:
To: Manager
Subject: RE: Contact information
Hi Manager,

Thank you for your help. Is there any way I can be updated if/when that area will have equipment upgrades?

Regards,
Me

Manager <Manager@rogers.com> wrote:
Hello Me.

Sorry for the delay in response. I have cancelled your account as of October 20th as per your request. There will be no early cancellation fee, however, the balance on the account will still be required to be cleared by yourself. There will be a credit coming on your final statement as per the pro-rated monthly service fees.
If you have questions, please advise.

Thank you.
Manager

Sent:
Hi Manager,

I just got off the phone with Meatball from Network Operations.

He had absolutely no clue what you would have had him do to justify the call. I feel as if I have been given the run around.
My location is supposed to be a FULL coverage zone as per Meatball and your network coverage map. This can however be compromised due to land marks such as hills, mountains, tall buildings, etc. Up until aprox Dec 2005 it was a nearly full signal area that has slowly degraded. We can assume from this information it is not a geographic issue and there has not been any recent large structure development in the last year to affect signal. It is clear to me your customer base is growing faster than your hardware upgrades and I feel I should not be penalized with a cancellation fee. I do not want to move from Rogers , but I am unfortunately forced to under these circumstances.

Please go ahead and cancel my account, starting today (October 20, 2006) I will no longer be paying the bill.
Regards,
Me

Thank you Me. Please let me know what they advise.
Thanks
Manager

Sent:
Thanks Manager,

I will try and set this call up tonight with a few other GMS clients and let you know how I make out.

Regards,
Me

Hello Me. I have spoken to network, and as per my last email, you will be required to call them. I won't be able to cancel your account on this basis without a penalty.
Thank you.
Manager

Sent:
Afternoon Manager,

Any update on this? I have not received a reply in 24h.

Should I assume you have canceled my account?

Me

Me<me@rogers.com> wrote:
Hi Manager,
Thank you for the reply.
However, some of the information you have sent me is inaccurate. This is happening on more than one device in this one specific location only. (which is my house and immediate surrounding area)
How was network support able to determine coverage is good? Unfortunately I do not believe calling them for a 2nd time (first time they acknowledged the issue and sent me to you) will solve my problem. My time is valuable Manager. I have spent enough time on this issue already.

Me

Hi Me . I just received a message on your account from network dated October 16th.

As per network:

Coverage is good. They advise to have your phone checked if it's happening in many areas. They advise for you to call back and ask for network if it's only location specific that that area. They also advise there are no outstanding issues reported there.

If there are any questions, please call 123-456-7890 from a landline phone, and have your cellular phone there with you for possible troubleshooting. When you get to a representative, ask for network support.

Thank you.
Manager

Sent:
Subject: Re: Contact information
Afternoon Manager,

Can you advise me the expected resolution for this problem including time frames and next actions?

Regards,
Me

Sent:
To: me@rogers.com
Subject: Contact information

Hello Me. Thank you for the time to speak to me today. I have filed a network complaint, and I will follow up with you once I receive further information.
Thank you.
Manager

Manager
Email: manager@rogers.com
Old 10-27-2006, 05:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're a superhero of consumer rights.

Old 10-27-2006, 05:20 AM
Banned

I want a cape!!!!
Old 10-27-2006, 05:20 AM

The only way I can see how a GREAT signal would even remotely degrade over time is that people in that area aren't rogers subs and they aren't upgrading the area until they have to.

I wonder how long ago when was.

That said I have 5 bars in my bunker basement...so I can't complain about Rogers.

Find your tower here and see if they are full of shit or not.

Punters Cell Site
Old 10-27-2006, 05:24 AM
Banned

This is not the house im living in BTW . But it is a buddies who would like it fixed.

It's crap there. 1bar MAYBE 2 bars if you're lucky. Lots of no service as well. If you walk up the street 500m or so you get full signal.

They've been there for a nearly 2 years now. They had near full signal when they moved in and it slowly went to crap.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:27 AM

Did he buy some shit RF phone?

BTW, I got an 8100 sent to me (from Rogers) and the RF on it is amazing. Probably as good as many of the SE's.

Way better than the 8700.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:28 AM
Banned

Nah dude.. i have an 8700 and an 8100 and the signal is shit. That's odd the signal on my 8700 is the same as my 8100.

My moto v3 had NO signal at all.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:40 AM

Yeah I'd say thats a fringe area for sure.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DoGMaN,Oct 27 2006, 09:40 AM
Yeah I'd say thats a fringe area for sure.
Not according to this

Old 10-27-2006, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Jasonoff,Oct 27 2006, 09:20 AM
I want a cape!!!!
how bout a helmet?

Quick Reply: Don't let Rogers bully you.