Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

DIY Brake Ducts: Parts List

Old 04-03-2003 | 08:46 AM

hey Taylor.....is it safe for me to come out to another AutoX now???

I've been a good boy...
Old 04-03-2003 | 09:23 AM

no you haven't.........

don't listen to him, taylor.....he's still a freak.
Old 04-03-2003 | 10:04 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by taylor
[B]Also if you decide to change it yourself. You may want to consider putting in Ford DOT 3 in. Canadian
Old 04-03-2003 | 11:37 AM

Quick: Well that's why I put "secret" in quotes, it's not really a secret, but unless you know someone or know someone who knows someone who does any amount of hard track driving you really wouldn't hear about it. "Not Common Knowlege".

James: I don't really get to decide that on the PITL/MSOC side of things. Feel free to come out to a Competition Corvette Club Event or the HADA Motorsport Club will be running a couple events this year, one on April 26th. Information on the Wired Motorsports Calendar about that one. As for the PITL/MSOC thing, I dunno come out to other events and then perhaps with some sort of "track record" of "behaviour" behind you they'll lift the ban as it were. You can always try one of the Regional Events (info at http://www.soloontario.com/solo2) too. Dates for the COMP (Corvette) events are also on Wired Motorsports.

Word to all: Just remember all these guys are very protective about their lots (as they should be), do anything remotely retarded and you'll get the boot, perhaps a cop or two as well (sometimes they're known to hang out around and/or AT events. Although I have yet to see it in the flesh, some do run their cruisers on the course sometimes). Hell it's like a Catch 22 in terms of advertising the events too, they don't want to attract too many noobs because they often behave like dolts, or attract friends that behave like dolts (the whole... "this is stupid, look at me, I can go fast in a straight line" ego trip) but by the same time, they want to attract new people to the sport so they more or less rely on someone looking to get into the sport being able to find the information easily enough.

I didn't really warn anyone on here in the past and then someone got a little out of hand and his actions wern't well received. Sort of my fault, though at the drivers meeting it is and always will be stated not to do certain things and the behave, drive the speed limit (actually some will say drive UNDER the speed limit) when within a km or 2 of the event).

So... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Besides all the rules... it's a shit load of fun and you can do all the launching and tire squealing you want when you're on the course. Funny thing is... you do a high speed pass by the event and people will think your a tit and would happily chew you out if you were to pull into the event after that stunt. But if you spin or whatever on the course, no one says shit. It's expected for people to loose it, especially new people. That's fine, no one will laugh (well maybe your closest friends will, especially if you shit talk up a storm about how awesome you're going to be your first time out) But other than that, everyone's pretty cool with newbies and surprisingly helpful as long as you show the event and the sport some respect.

</soapbox>
Old 04-03-2003 | 12:04 PM

Originally posted by taylor
Feel free to come out to a Competition Corvette Club Event
Personally, I found these events slightly better than the PITL ones. Don't get me wrong the PITL ones were great and I plan on going to all of them, but the courses the vette guys setup are quicker .
Old 04-03-2003 | 12:15 PM

The lot is noticably better allowing for very open course designs. However their classification system doesn't result in an overly fairly competitive structure (which is probably why they do not have a Championship series attached to the events).

Of course the Corvette events have 1/2 to 1/3rd the turn out (which is what they desire) of the PITL ones, a more casual crowd, most with more average experience than a PITL (Push It To the Limit) competitior.

They're both great series for different reasons. All depends on what you're looking for.
Old 04-03-2003 | 12:29 PM

I have been duly warned......
Old 04-03-2003 | 12:34 PM

So the Corvette Club is putting on events this year at the Bronte GO station? I'm pretty sure I will hit up a few of those.. The PITL gets very crowded.. and I work late into Sat morning..
Old 04-03-2003 | 02:45 PM

Originally posted by taylor
They're both great series for different reasons. All depends on what you're looking for.
. I plan on attending both because they are so different.
Old 04-17-2003 | 02:54 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Hi Rob,

Do you have pics of the flange adapters from wicksaircraft.com They have no search function by part number

Take care,
Asura