Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Congrats

Old 04-22-2011, 03:54 PM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by JFUSION
Originally Posted by Aaron19' timestamp='1303489716' post='20496654
what is the police presence for this type of event? im curious as to how they moderate it.. do they let you push your car at all?

It's not just that event, there is a Police presence in that area all the time. They generally don't bother the majority of people but they will definitely nail you if you give them a reason. Hundreds of auto and motorocycle groups do events there. AFAIK there is a 30 MPH speed limit in that area and the Police can enforce it at their will. I imagine it could be quite a cash cow for them if they enforced the speed limit strictly. I wonder what they would have thought seeing a guy wearing a helmet in his S2000, I'm pretty sure he intended on blowing the speed limit.
The guy with the helmet was part of a very fast group of 3 during the poker run, he got a warning after being tailed by a state trooper for a few minutes. They didn't even mention the helmet, lol
Old 04-22-2011, 04:58 PM

Received 3,799 Likes on 2,677 Posts

Originally Posted by afzan
Originally Posted by JFUSION' timestamp='1303495091' post='20496986
[quote name='Aaron19' timestamp='1303489716' post='20496654']
what is the police presence for this type of event? im curious as to how they moderate it.. do they let you push your car at all?

It's not just that event, there is a Police presence in that area all the time. They generally don't bother the majority of people but they will definitely nail you if you give them a reason. Hundreds of auto and motorocycle groups do events there. AFAIK there is a 30 MPH speed limit in that area and the Police can enforce it at their will. I imagine it could be quite a cash cow for them if they enforced the speed limit strictly. I wonder what they would have thought seeing a guy wearing a helmet in his S2000, I'm pretty sure he intended on blowing the speed limit.
The guy with the helmet was part of a very fast group of 3 during the poker run, he got a warning after being tailed by a state trooper for a few minutes. They didn't even mention the helmet, lol
[/quote]

Yeah you see a guy wearing a helmet and you know he's going to be driving at the limits, that would be a cop magnet IMO. lol.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont think thats fair, I would love to wear my helmet all the time if people like you didnt make me feel so awkward! lol

But yea I dont see it being necessary on public roads or at least it shouldnt be if your following the speed limits.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:52 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't think anyone leaves the dragon thinking they did not get to run fast. There are corners that if you can hold 30 mph, you are ripping. The trick is to control your straight road speed. It is not unusual for drivers to not keep up with the car in front of them and often find a line of traffic behind waiting for you to pull over. And that is driving as fast as you are comfortable with. No shame in that, just don't be jerk and wreck a car. If you are afraid to make a long drive because you won't get to drive fast, let me set you straight. Go down and check it out. Stay in a group and enjoy the trip. And don't skip the group drives that say "Moderate" with the leaders that are 60ish. It will be a challange to keep up and not loose the group. This ws my 2nd trip down and I am already dreaming about the 3rd.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by afzan
Originally Posted by JFUSION' timestamp='1303495091' post='20496986
[quote name='Aaron19' timestamp='1303489716' post='20496654']

[/quote]

we were very fast? sweet i was in that group

actually we stopped at the santeelah lake poker run stop and the nc state cop pulled in with us. he talked to frei (the guy with the helmet) and gave him a warning. the cop knew he was flying to catch up with us, but he never got him on radar
Old 04-28-2011, 12:49 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,140 Likes on 771 Posts

Originally Posted by zenairdave
And don't skip the group drives that say "Moderate" with the leaders that are 60ish. It will be a challange to keep up and not loose the group.
Now I wasn't going that fast...that was moderate.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:52 AM

Old 04-28-2011, 02:39 AM

Johnny Tran from far and wide lol

HP+ sh!t stains on evos FTL!

Who was the other berlina that had the front up in the air?
Attached Thumbnails Congrats-phc-p2.jpg   Congrats-rand-p4.jpg  
Old 04-28-2011, 04:01 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 91 Likes on 82 Posts

agree with dave, you will not be disappointed leaving.

you will have a nice grin on your face just like the unforgettable first time you cracked open a high cam lobe on VTEC.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:04 AM

Received 169 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by zenairdave
I don't think anyone leaves the dragon thinking they did not get to run fast. There are corners that if you can hold 30 mph, you are ripping. The trick is to control your straight road speed. It is not unusual for drivers to not keep up with the car in front of them and often find a line of traffic behind waiting for you to pull over. And that is driving as fast as you are comfortable with. No shame in that, just don't be jerk and wreck a car. If you are afraid to make a long drive because you won't get to drive fast, let me set you straight. Go down and check it out. Stay in a group and enjoy the trip. And don't skip the group drives that say "Moderate" with the leaders that are 60ish. It will be a challange to keep up and not loose the group. This ws my 2nd trip down and I am already dreaming about the 3rd.
Ouch.... hope he isn't talking about me... 60'ish?

Heck... my drives are normally called spirited/aggressive.... we have some fun on the curves!!

Its not about going 100 mph on the straightaways.... its all about the curves!

Come down and join us at the next Dragon event!!

And the guy in the helmet... frei... he's just a little off center.... short a can from the 6 pack... not the sharpest knife in the drawer.... (he's going to kill me for that!)

He's the one trying to push me over!!!!

Quick Reply: Congrats