Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

canadian international auto show

Old 02-10-2014, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default canadian international auto show

My wife and I are going to the CIAS this Friday, opening day and will probably stay for supper.
Need some guidance from those Torontonians familiar with the downtown as I do not visit there much these days.
I know its Valentines day , the crapiest day to try and go out for dinner at the last minute.
? 1 where can I park that will hopefully have spots available within walking distance of the MCC and Rodney's Oyster house on King W.? Price I know will be $10- 20 for parking but I would rather park in the core than take the TTC.
Thanks
Old 02-10-2014, 02:54 PM
Spotter
Community Organizer

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

M girlfriend and I will be going on Friday as well.

Parking will be a big hassle in and around that area. They're already quite packed from regular parking. Add on the show and its probably going to be full by early afternoon.

Maybe look at parking near a subway station.

I'm parking in yorkville near where I work and going to take the subway down to the show
Old 02-10-2014, 05:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always park at the hotel underground parking across union station, the name probably is royal york hotel if I'm not mistaken. Their rates are not too bad, at least for the weekend parkings I've been through. The entrance is quiet hard to find so you probably have to go around the block to find it. From there you can just walk across to union and then to MCC.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:47 PM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by bolesun1
I always park at the hotel underground parking across union station, the name probably is royal york hotel if I'm not mistaken. Their rates are not too bad, at least for the weekend parkings I've been through. The entrance is quiet hard to find so you probably have to go around the block to find it. From there you can just walk across to union and then to MCC.
You're referring to Brookfield place, and it's a huge parking lot so it shouldn't be too hard find a spot. The tricky bit is finding the 2 entrances: there's one on Wellington (just west of Yonge) and Front (just west of Yonge again). There's tons of construction in that area, and Front is half closed, effectively making both streets one-way streets. IMO, the best way to get in is from the Wellington entrance. Turn onto it from Church or any street east of that, keep in the left lane, and the entrance is right past Yonge (not that hard to find per se, but if you miss it, it's a PITA to circle around). I would use Google Street view to familiarize yourself with the area. It's about a 15 min walk to the MCC.

There also used to be tons of open air parking near Front and Spadina, but I don't know if they've been cleared for condo buildings yet. There's also a bunch of parking on Bay and Harbour, just North of Harbour. It's pretty much situated under the Gardiner; however, if there's a Raptors/Leafs game that night, they'll fill up quickly.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:38 PM

There's a parking lot on Wellington west of Spadina, which is just south of King St where Rodney's is, there use to be a walkway between King and wellington just east of Rodney's, but not sure if its still there with all the condos that have gone up.
To get to Wellington from Gardner, go up Spadina and you have to turn left (west)on Front, then turn right on Portland, first right is Wellington and parking is on right hand side about half way to Spadina.
If you can't get into Rodneys - Le Select bistro has a great steak - Jacobs Steakhouse is also an excellent option, pricey but rated by many reviews as the best steak in Toronto, best I have had so far. That area has many options from pubs to high end.
I doubt you will find parking for $10, likely more on the $20-25 range.

Eric
Old 02-17-2014, 07:21 AM

S2000 at Canadian Inter. Auto Show
Old 02-17-2014, 08:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Are they not allowing you to sit in the new WRX or GTI? I'll be super disappointed if they dont, only reason why were going is to start knocking some off our shopping list.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:26 PM

Since you mentioned WRX

The Ride of Her Life Official Trailer