Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Calabogie Motorsports Park

Old 07-27-2009, 05:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Calabogie Motorsports Park

Went up to Calabogie for work this past race weekend, and I think it's well worth a trek for those who've never been.

It's about a 4 hour drive, but the drive into the track is amazing. (401-41-7-511) Basically as soon as you get out of the 401, you have about 2 hours worth of drive and 80-90% of that are twisty, winding roads. Definitely a road trip on its own in the fall with the colours and all. Would make a for a pretty cool road trip. Drive in, stay a night, track day, and then check out the next morning.

The track is 5 km, 20 turn track. A variety of corners + elevation change and a couple of longish straight as well.

Wish I had my car still. Loved the drive into and out of the track, nevermind the track itself.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need to get out there at some point. I have heard great things. Too bad about the sound restrictions.

How did the CCTCC cars meet the 90bd sound restriction?
Old 07-27-2009, 11:06 AM

I have spent quite a few days at Calabogie and I love it! It helps that it's less than an hour from home also If you're looking to do a road trip/track day, consider the 3 Balls event at the end of August. There will be 3 or 4 Ottawa S2Ks there most likely. You know the track rocks when they drive from Michigan to spend the weekend there!

The on track limit was 104db. Calabogie is permitted a few exception days each year and MCO gets three of them. On Friday there were a tonne of violators, on Saturday a few and yesterday none. The loudest car on Friday was 115.3db ... that is damn loud! Most people managed to jury rig something up, or put back on some sort of muffler. I could feel the blue Corvette coming down the front straight ... that thing is fast!

What car were you working with? I did a tonne of laps in the golf carts on Friday so I saw just about everyone at some point. I didn't get to see much racing but I had a great time nonetheless.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:29 AM

To those with "exhausts" Just for reference I have a T1R 70mm and I pass the sound test and it's not a quiet exhaust! I passed before and after supercharger.

The track is awesome and satisfying to get "right".
Old 07-27-2009, 12:02 PM

Where do you find Calaboogie open lapping events?
Old 07-27-2009, 12:32 PM

it was a fun weekend. Had a great time running in the CCTCC
pole on saturday
3rd in race 2 starting from the back. Unfortuantely had engine failure in race 1.

Andrew
Old 07-27-2009, 12:34 PM

Lucky race cars. My car is around 110 db. I got the stock muffler jury-rigged so it can hook up to the 70mm pipes for quiet days, but this just aint no fun. C'est la vie.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:45 PM

I honestly think the sound restriction is bullshit.

The nearest house (which is at the intersection of 511 and Farm road) is MILES away from the track.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by prelude99,Jul 27 2009, 03:02 PM
Where do you find Calaboogie open lapping events?
http://www.3ballsracing.com/ Next event is the end of August

http://www.mco.org/ No more events this year

http://www.calabogiemotorsports.com/index....&id=54&Itemid=8 A bit expensive but they have a good selection of dates
Old 07-27-2009, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Borbor,Jul 27 2009, 03:45 PM
I honestly think the sound restriction is bullshit.

The nearest house (which is at the intersection of 511 and Farm road) is MILES away from the track.
Thank the OMB and a few busy bodies for the sound restriction. To be honest, a lot of tracks have them. It's just that Calabogie enforces them as they want to be as good a neighbour as possible. I've been on the lake in the fall, and you can hear the cars on track but it's nowhere near as annoying as the jetskis

My S2K with AEM and J's Ti exhaust passes the normal sound checks. I don't know how you guys can drive anything louder on the street ... my setup gives me a headache if I don't put the silencer in.

Quick Reply: Calabogie Motorsports Park