Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Busted going too fast on on/off ramps??

Old 04-20-2004, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

but i love my rice...and i don FnF..
Old 04-20-2004, 08:55 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tim, can you highlight where it mentions the solid or dotted yellow lines in the act?

This is probably the link you're getting your information from. http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/DBLaws/Statute...h08_e.htm#BK188 Correct?

I said something very simple and you twisted it out of proportion. You basically accused me of unsafe driving with this comment

Originally posted by MOTU
Man, it's guys like you that get people killed if you believe this!
If that
Old 04-20-2004, 09:01 PM
Former Moderator

I asked a cop once, you can pass on a solid yellow line, but if something happens, no matter what, its your fault.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:05 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Mindcore
I asked a cop once, you can pass on a solid yellow line, but if something happens, no matter what, its your fault.
My neighbor told me the same thing. Your are 100% at fault if something happens.

We have a bunch of flat roads around here with solid yellow lines. Makes no sense for it to be soild. Almost a waste of paint

However I guess if i pass on one of these roads I'm a dangerous driver according to Tim
Old 04-21-2004, 04:08 AM

It is my understanding that the solid yellow is to be painted where section 149 of the HTA applies. Crests in the road, curves etc. Yes I agree that the line painters don't lay down a tape measure when they go to work on the road. That being said, the yellow line is an indicator as to when 149 is in play. The law is quite clear about the left of centre issue. I'm not going to stop my car get out and measure the line to see if the guy who painted it started 20 meters to soon, my life is worth way more than that.

If it is your stand that it is just a warning, so beit. And yes, if you cross a solid yellow line, wheather or not "our" car can make the move, in my opinion that is dangerous driving. I'd wager a cop would to.

I didn't twist anything out of proportion either. You stated you believe it to be a "suggestion" not the law. All I said is that "it's guys like you that get people killed if you believe this!" That's not a twist, drivers that believe what you have said you believe, are the ones that cross the yellow to pass and end up in head on collisions on hwy 6 every year. It's a fact. I didn't accuse you of anything, I have no knowledge of how you drive.

I've had enough of this and will not continue it. I'm not here to educate.

By the way, you get NO beer! All you've brought to the table is hearsay. No concreate proof that I'm wrong. Banter without facts is pointless bickering.
Old 04-21-2004, 05:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Mindcore
are you retarded?

dude, you can do whatever the hell you want.....you can drive in the wrong direction on the 401....who's fault do you think it will be if something happens?
Old 04-21-2004, 05:55 AM

I think itd be yours because you just told us we could do it.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i'll see you in court.

idiot.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:40 AM

i can feel the fire here

from the many kms of single lane roads i've driven through north of my area i'd have to say the government did a pretty good job with the solid/broken yellows. with the solid against you, it is possible to do a quick pass, but you don't have much of a safety margin for something unexpected. anyhow, my common sense tells me i shouldn't be passing on solids...
Old 04-21-2004, 07:06 AM
Banned

Originally posted by alfredo_mancho anyhow, my common sense tells me i shouldn't be passing on solids...
Exactly it's common sense. I don't pass on solid yellow lines unless I know the road and know you "can" actually see oncoming traffic with more than enough safety distance. I'm not irresponsible but that was probably assumed like most "older" people do assume of younger drivers.

All I said was it is not against the law to cross a solid yellow line according to the cop down the street.

But apparently because I said this, I must be some sort of bad people killing person that Tim had to go on a rant about.

Tim, next time if you don't understand the context of something ask before you accuse or react.

And if you want to talk safety with me,

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MOTU Just missed getting nailed last Friday,

Quick Reply: Busted going too fast on on/off ramps??