Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

bad luck

Old 10-24-2011, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad luck

About a month ago, my 97R got backed into. It wasn't too bad. No dents, no holes in my bumper but it did crack the paint and scratched off some paint, showing the black undercoat. I was super pissed at the time, but don't think I told anyone about it.

Now, today I got a HUGE door ding in the driver side rear quarter. Like WTF is wrong with people. If I did this by mistake, I wouldn't be able to forget about it and go park in another spot like this person obviously has done. There is a big % of our society these days that are just fkd up. I'm in shock.

There was no note left on either occasion, just left the scene.
At the end of the day, it's not that big of a deal. It's just infuriating I think because I am so cautious about NOT hitting other peoples car with my door.

Anyways, now everytime I get in the car I'm going to see this f@#king dent and get pissed off.
Thanks to the jackass who made my Monday worse. What goes around comes around jackass
/end rant.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:56 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 91 Likes on 82 Posts

I feel your pain. Thats why I created SADD. But anyways today was windy, and it could also have been a kid. Sucks either way. Parents should also teach their kids how to open doors but if the parent doesnt care well
Old 10-24-2011, 02:19 PM

Join the club, SADD has really helped me when I needed someone to talk to, lol

And yes, I hate people in this world too.

My girlfriends Mazda started showing these wierd outward door dents on her left rear door. After I asked my friend who fixes dents he said it was actually caused by someone hitting her car so hard that the door panel bent inward and snapped back out. Fortunatly the paint was flexible enough to not crack but ya...obviously another jackass nailed her door pretty bad too.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:30 PM

can you go in the trunk and take out the liner then pop the dent out dude?
Old 10-25-2011, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by Reapur
can you go in the trunk and take out the liner then pop the dent out dude?
Yes the driver seatbelt is right behind the dent and if I take off the plastic in the trunk, there is a huge space there between the door jam and rear wheel well that exposes the skin/shell of the car. If I push it out, I'm afraid that it will ripple and just look like a bubble. I'm just going to not worry about it, and eventually get them all done at once with a new coat of paint over the whole car. Maybe in the spring....
Old 10-25-2011, 05:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bummer dude, but hey - it could always be worse!
Old 10-25-2011, 08:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And you go and park on the far end of the parking lot where nobody parks and when you come out you have cars parked right next to you when they could have parked 20 metres closer.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:31 AM

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts

I'm confident that if you push it out it won't ripple or anything. When I was in highschool I had my Integra painted and the first day I took it to school some jealous bitch punched the quarter panel and put a massive dent in it. I was furious, but my dad told me to pop it out but use only my hand. I popped it out and it looked fine after, sucks though man I feel your pain.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by iDomN8U
And you go and park on the far end of the parking lot where nobody parks and when you come out you have cars parked right next to you when they could have parked 20 metres closer.
funny story about this... parked my car at work in the back of an empty parking lot before the store even opened...

2 vans park on either side of my car when there is literally 60-70 spaces available right near me and SWING ALL THE DOORS OPEN missing my car by about 2-3 inches and start transferring luggage from one car to another. I stood there baffled about 20 yards away and walked right up to my car and inspected them transferring the luggage. Some people are just retarded... they simply could have parked next to each other and made the job easier on them.

edit... also had to deal with a case ye3sterday where a buggy hit a members car. He comes in frantic saying theres a dent in my car blah blah blah... i explain to him and appolagize that it is due to lazy ppl who dont return their cars to the designated area. I walk outside and he points to the cart that hit his car and guess what SURE ENOUGH this moron moved the buggy to another non designated area so that if there was another gust of wind it probably would have hit his car again or maybe even another vehicle. God people have no brains or respect nowadays

/rant
Old 10-25-2011, 02:03 PM

Received 3,794 Likes on 2,674 Posts

Honda sheetmetal is like foil wrap, on my Hondas I get way more door dings than any other vehicle I've owned. On my last five vehicles (two Dodges and three Fords) I had two door dings between the five vehicles, each of my Hondas seem to have 2-3 each.

Quick Reply: bad luck