Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Ap2 rear bumper swap for Ap1 ?

Old 04-05-2010, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by o'malley_808,Apr 5 2010, 04:43 PM
Righttt....? Alright well ill PM you next time my car needs work and I'll drop it off at Speedstar and you can take care of my bill!

Sharing is Caring right? BS!!!

I only work for free for friends...Not people with $2000 CF wings and $20k+ cars with $1500+ wheels who show up and offer me $20 after wasting two hours of my time and saving them $600

I gave people on this forum the benefit of the doubt and I got cheated so now I am reluctant to offer any help seeing as s2000 owners are now taking the same gratitude and respect as civic owners.
that sounds rly specific. don't let one bad apple spoil the whole bunch. give it one more chance before u give up on love.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by o'malley_808,Apr 5 2010, 04:43 PM
Righttt....? Alright well ill PM you next time my car needs work and I'll drop it off at Speedstar and you can take care of my bill!

Sharing is Caring right? BS!!!

I only work for free for friends...Not people with $2000 CF wings and $20k+ cars with $1500+ wheels who show up and offer me $20 after wasting two hours of my time and saving them $600

I gave people on this forum the benefit of the doubt and I got cheated so now I am reluctant to offer any help seeing as s2000 owners are now taking the same gratitude and respect as civic owners.
yeah thats a terrible experience....beer on me next time for that
Old 04-05-2010, 08:47 PM

im down for some of that reciprocating beverage offering action.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:01 PM

ill reciprocate more than that for u mark.......
Old 04-05-2010, 09:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chengstar,Apr 6 2010, 01:01 AM
ill reciprocate more than that for u mark.......
uhhh nice choice of words? I think? lol...

Anyways the person I mentioned feels bad about the situation and wants to resolve the issue in some form or fashion so hopefully just bad judgement on his part
Old 04-05-2010, 09:21 PM

holy moley! : ) thats what i like about this concept. u get what u give. and what goes around comes around.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:54 PM

this thread is so abstrat i dont even know what n e one is talking about. i dont know what mr. 88 or mr. 86 is talking about.

gpw03s2ki wants a bumper and changstar and i are tring to have a reciprocating relationship.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by mancyk86,Apr 5 2010, 09:41 PM
story of my life lol
the amount of lowballers i had to deal with while selling parts.. ridiculous

Not that many of them were from s2ki, I've had good transactions for most parts.. sure there were few that were trying to save a buck or two but can't blame them for trying.. then again you can't be expecting a deal on something that is already priced to sell

at the end of the day you just have to suck it up and stay firm with what you're asking, sooner or later the right buyer will come along

Here is one story for you guys to laugh about or whatnot

I had a set of 05-06 rsx-s 17" wheels with tires posted for sale for $700firm, both description of the rims and tires was mentioned in my ad along with pictures. Just so there wasn't any surprises in store for the buyer. I mentioned in the ad that two of the tires were gone and would have to be replaced and that i wouldn't recommend driving a car with them on.

1st potential buyer came by to check them out with a friend who was drinking/slurping a slushie (found it kinda annoying to be honest lol), he takes a look at the rims and goes to me "oh i thought the tires were in better shape, i was hoping to use them for at least one more season", i'm like "did you read my ad?" he responds "yes i didn't but i didn't think they were that bad" so i'm like.. "im guessing my idea of gone and your idea of gone is completely different then"
guy ends up telling me "best i can do for them is $600", simple "no thanks" from me followed by "let me know if you change your mind" from him and that was the end of that transaction

2nd potential buyer came by the same day as the first guy so I made sure to clarify that the tires are in fact gone and need replacing and that if he intends to give me anything less than $700 he can save his time and mine by not coming. He shows up with his wife, takes a look at the rims.. everything seems fine at this point. Wife decides to walk out of the car and throw in her 2 cents, she goes to the husband "hunny you realize that two of the tires are pretty much gone?", husband goes "yes dear, this gentleman told me about this prior to us coming down here".. she replies "oh okay, but now we have to get new tires and then get them balanced and everything.. isn't that going to be too much" i'm thinking to myself "why couldn't you stay in the car WOMAN, there goes my sale lol"
Husband walks up to me and goes "so i'm going to have to verify my financial situation and get back to you" so i'm thinking "well, you are already here.. saw the rims and everything.. a simple yes or no would suffice" Best i could respond with was "Alright" yet still thinking in my head WHIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPED

3rd buyer (showed up following day). Clearily telling people two tires are gone wasn't doing the trick so with this guy I just said, two are GONE..no life left for another season or even another week. You need to replace them. Price is firm and please don't come with a g/f wife or anyone else that would possibly want to talk you out of buying these rims (lmao, sometimes you have to be blunt). The guy shows up, takes a look at the rims for no more then 30sec. Says to me "everything looks good, just as described and showed in the ad. I'll take them, could you help me out with putting them in my car". Helped him up with loading them in, he broke one of the rules i set out by tagging along with his g/f since she was the one with the wallet..but everything went smooth so no complaints whatsoever.
rofl.

moral of the story
do not come with the wife.
get hooked on phonics and learn to read ads.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by chengstar,Apr 5 2010, 10:20 PM
rofl.

moral of the story
do not come with the wife.
get hooked on phonics and learn to read ads.
thank you for the summary of the next harry poter novel.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:20 AM

harry potter is the shit

Quick Reply: Ap2 rear bumper swap for Ap1 ?