Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Anyone wanna meet Mario Andretti?

Old 09-21-2005, 09:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

blue is good only if it's neat.

even adding a cube screws it up...complex as well.

Old 09-22-2005, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Several years ago my wife worked for the K-Mart head office in Brampton. Since they were a major sponsor of Newman Haas Mario paid them a PR visit. She brought me home this...

I'm not much of an autograph hound but what the hey.

F--'n rip at the bottom. Just like the chip on my rocker panel
Old 09-24-2005, 09:59 AM

I am a douche..there I said it.

This isn't my weekend. Not at all.

I went to meet Mario, no problem in doing it as I was 3rd in line and there wasn't hardly anyone coming into the dealership. Its ****ing perplexing that this living legend is in Barrie to begin with. No one knows him up here, its NASCAR country up in Barrie. If some hillbilly country singer or NASCAR wank showed up, there would be lines out the door.

3rd in line, I snap a shot of him. NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY the handler says...i said you might want to turn the lights up then. I get up to Mario who obviously doesn't want to be there and he looks up at me, asks my name already has the the majority of the autograph signed and waits for my name. I tell him and then say I enjoy your wine, and the wineary is fantastic.

This changed his mood (for the moment) he looks up, says "next time ask for me and we'll go for a tour" which I know is a complete shine on to get me all excited. I said thanks Mario, I'll do that.

THEN like a tit I said to him "does it bother you that people say "who do you think you are Michael Schumacher?" when they are driving like a mad man instead "Who do you think you are Andretti?". He looks up, says NO, NEXT.

NEXT, just ****ing ushering me along like I pissed in his face.

Oh well..figures I ruin a nice moment heh

Old 09-24-2005, 10:11 AM
Former Moderator

hahhahaha dude, you freakin kill me
Old 09-24-2005, 10:20 AM

I swear, there are times when I need to be put in a cage and charge money to view me.

Shouldn't be let out in public..its just that simple. I'm turning into Peter Griffin.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes, now be like Damon and get back in your cage
Old 09-25-2005, 04:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DoGMaN,Sep 24 2005, 02:20 PM
I swear, there are times when I need to be put in a cage and charge money to view me.

Shouldn't be let out in public..its just that simple. I'm turning into Peter Griffin.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:38 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by DoGMaN,Sep 24 2005, 06:59 PM
I am a douche..there I said it.

This isn't my weekend. Not at all.

I went to meet Mario, no problem in doing it as I was 3rd in line and there wasn't hardly anyone coming into the dealership. Its ****ing perplexing that this living legend is in Barrie to begin with. No one knows him up here, its NASCAR country up in Barrie. If some hillbilly country singer or NASCAR wank showed up, there would be lines out the door.

3rd in line, I snap a shot of him. NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY the handler says...i said you might want to turn the lights up then. I get up to Mario who obviously doesn't want to be there and he looks up at me, asks my name already has the the majority of the autograph signed and waits for my name. I tell him and then say I enjoy your wine, and the wineary is fantastic.

This changed his mood (for the moment) he looks up, says "next time ask for me and we'll go for a tour" which I know is a complete shine on to get me all excited. I said thanks Mario, I'll do that.

THEN like a tit I said to him "does it bother you that people say "who do you think you are Michael Schumacher?" when they are driving like a mad man instead "Who do you think you are Andretti?". He looks up, says NO, NEXT.

NEXT, just ****ing ushering me along like I pissed in his face.

Oh well..figures I ruin a nice moment heh
That is hilarious
Old 09-26-2005, 07:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DoGMaN,Sep 24 2005, 01:59 PM
ushering me along like I pissed in his face.
because you did, you idiot.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:42 AM

I did nothing of the sort, I figured it'd be nice not to be associated with looganism.

Apparently not.

I do have to say, I actually enjoyed the IRL at the Glen this weekend, who knew they could turn.

Quick Reply: Anyone wanna meet Mario Andretti?