Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Anyone Stranded downtown on bald tires ?

Old 11-23-2005, 06:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mugen powered - sorry to hear about your accident, hope everything goes well from now.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mugen Powered,Nov 22 2005, 02:03 PM
It was me. The overpass bridge just before adelaide was iced over. was driving and the guy infront of me braked and fishtailed so i knew there was ice. i tried slowing down but did a 360 - thank god i didn't hit anything and the ppl behind me stopped. i turned around and parked it on the right side w/ hazzards...really had no choice as i had no traction to proceed over to the DVP. i was calling my friend with his towtruck when 2 tow trucks saw me and tried to stop (slid for 10ft)....they parked in front of me to see if i was alright when 5 cars passed us and did a 5car pile up! the 6th car passed me barely clipping my driver side mirror...and at the time i was on the phone with my GF when this teenaged girl in an acura integra rear-ended me. my sunglasses flew off my head and phone went flying. she pushed me about 15-20ft leaving a trail of coolant. she hit me so hard that my bride seat is broken. witnesses said she was travelling prolly the speed limit or higher and couldn't stop. oh well....just pisses me off that ppl before her saw my car with the hazards on and slowed right down but she had to speed along like she was in a rush. thank god i didn't get out my car or take my seat belt off!!!! even when ppl were squeezing thru...these stupid fakers weren't slowing down...all fishtailing or sliding thru....got so bad that the tow truck drivers were standing out there waving at ppl to slow down! rear end of my car is pretty much done...didn't look so bad till my bodyshop took off the rear cover and everything was pushed in! said trunk floor has to be cut out....possible lower subframe...rear body panels...bracing underneath...etc.
I went through the thread the first time without seeing the post, John I am sorry to know the accident, I hope you're okey, cars can always be fixed.

Best of luck brother!
Old 11-23-2005, 09:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks rich.....i guess my car is now a magnet for getting hit while its parked lol...remember i just got it back few days before that...after being in the bodyshop for 2 months after getting hit by a kid and his POS honda accord while parked in front of KFC.