Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Anyone near Mississauga area got a supercharged s2k?

Old 04-23-2012, 07:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone near Mississauga area got a supercharged s2k?

Wondering if anyone will be kind enough to give me a ride to get a feel for it I'm stuck between a supercharger vs. a turbo right now..
Old 04-23-2012, 07:11 PM

What are your goals with your car? Track, autocross, power, straight line speed?
Old 04-23-2012, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by FluKy15
What are your goals with your car? Track, autocross, power, straight line speed?
I gather that SC is less of a hassle there is less cost upfront to start and turbo will yield a fuller power band and is more suitable for straight line but comes with its little bugs. I just don't like the fact that sc makes most of its power up top near the 7k band. That's why I wanna sit in a SC car to get a feel for myself maybe that's all the power that I need.

Goals to start with
330-340 Whp even though this is not my main car I have other cars I can use I still would like it to be reliably. I have no experience with working on the cars engine besides regular oil/spark plug changes lol. I can learn though I am handy with tools I always take what I hear on these forums with a grain of salt but everyone seems to say sc is the way to go for reliability and turbo has hiccups some people say its in the tune some say its mechanical not sure how seriously I should take that into account since it will be my first Force Induction car.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Ludeboye1
Originally Posted by FluKy15' timestamp='1335237088' post='21636905
I gather that SC is less of a hassle there is less cost upfront to start and turbo will yield a fuller power band and is more suitable for straight line but comes with its little bugs. I just don't like the fact that sc makes most of its power up top near the 7k band. That's why I wanna sit in a SC car to get a feel for myself maybe that's all the power that I need.
It's gonna feel exactly like NA but it just keeps pulling harder and harder as you go higher in the gear. That was my experience in the SC car. Havent been in a turbo car that was being pushed fully though.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by FluKy15
Originally Posted by Ludeboye1' timestamp='1335240273' post='21637040
[quote name='FluKy15' timestamp='1335237088' post='21636905']
It's gonna feel exactly like NA but it just keeps pulling harder and harder as you go higher in the gear. That was my experience in the SC car. Havent been in a turbo car that was being pushed fully though.
[/quote]

Thats what I read just wanna get a feel for how much quicker it is throughout compared to stock. I am very tempted to go turbo but scared it's going to be way over my head right now.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the essence of the s2000 is totally lost with a turbo, the entire point of the car is to keep the engine screaming and live in that high strung power band. If you want low end performance maybe the S2000 wasn't the right choice?

It's my belief that mods to the s2000 should enhance what Honda gave us not change the entire nature of the beast. At the end of the day thats your call on what you want to do but the SC approach compliments the S way better than a turbo especially for your power goals.

Not to down play the hard work of people who TC their cars, it just isn't for me.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:53 AM

o_0
Old 04-24-2012, 06:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Reapur
I think the essence of the s2000 is totally lost with a turbo, the entire point of the car is to keep the engine screaming and live in that high strung power band. If you want low end performance maybe the S2000 wasn't the right choice?

It's my belief that mods to the s2000 should enhance what Honda gave us not change the entire nature of the beast. At the end of the day thats your call on what you want to do but the SC approach compliments the S way better than a turbo especially for your power goals.

Not to down play the hard work of people who TC their cars, it just isn't for me.
I don't agree with this at all!

If this was the case I wouldn't have made my peak hp (600whp) at redline??

With a turbocharged car you still make your peak hp at redline (same as N/A AND S/C) only difference with a turbocharged car is when you hit full spool (usually around 3500-4000) you are making peak boost and holding that until redline which gives you much more midrange than a s/c incrementally building boost until redline.

Has nothing to do with a turbo not complimenting this motor?? Tell that to the guys making over 800whp on completely stock motors?
Old 04-24-2012, 06:41 AM

I don't see how the essence of the s2000 is lost with a turbo either

The decision to go SC or TC depends on what he wants to do with the car. A turbo car on the track or at autox would be extremely difficult, and in some cases, slower than NA. That's track dependent really.

Back to the original post though. It sounds like a turbo would be more for you.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:28 AM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Reason why I went supercharger is for the track. I think 350whp would be ideal. I'm only at 310whp and if we meet up at the tech day or some meet I'll take you for a ride. Im in Kitchener.

Quick Reply: Anyone near Mississauga area got a supercharged s2k?