Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Anyone know of a good S2K for sale?

Old 05-21-2004, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is my thought process when I shopped for a sport convertible:

- Family First: I make sure my family transportation need is taken care of. It means I lived with VAN and sedan for years before I consider real sport car. Meanwhile I opted for performance sedan to sooth the itch.
- Understand what I wanted from the car: Do I want to look good among friends? look prestige among business peer? or for the enjoyment of driving? In my case, I go for driving enjoyment...cause I already look good (op, just woked up from my day dream)
- SLK: The current model is dated, period. The '05 model is too slack for my taste...and I am not one of those sticky rich people to efford one.
- Boxter: It was my favourite, but only Boxter S will get my vote. Weighting the entry price, reliability (the lack of it), all the exta luxury that I don't need, plus they are seen too often on the road. It becomes less attractive as a value conscious and distinctive ride.
- Miata Mazadaspeed: Can't take it seriously. Can't even look at the bogging body lines. (sorry MX owner, it is just my personal view).
- Other 4 seater like STi, BMW 330, CLK, or SAAB: I want a car for myself, why bother with those extra seats and weight.
- VIPER: I like it alot. It is the goal of my next toy few years down the road if my business furishs. Naturally only 03+ model deserves my attention.
- S2K: It is unique. It is RAW and yet very comfortable (don't forget I own other luxury cars to compare with). It screams "This guy knows what he wants, he doesn't just follow the crowd".

For your info. I just picked up an S2K today.
Old 05-22-2004, 07:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smartson,

Good reply, and very inspiring actually

Okay, I have taken all you folks have written and will take it to council chamber for deliberation.

Just a note: I was at my cousin's shop last night until midnight watching him install an alarm on a 92 NSX.
All I can say is...

The one thing I am still debating about is what will others think of me if I go with the nsx. On the one hand I could care less what people think of the car I drive (hey, look, I drive a friggin TJ for gawds sake!) but I work in a pretty public place and I wonder what my clients and neighbours in the adjoining office suites will think if they know I own an exotic car. I am just a bit worried about a) vandalism by the neighbours (some are assholes) and b) negative comments and maybe drop in business if the clients start thinking "wow, he must be doing pretty well". I might have to restrict the nsx for weekend and evening use only.

hmmm......