Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Anyone that has dealt with insurance before please help!

Old 12-28-2012, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by danio
didn't bother reading what others have said, but..

Sisley's body shop is called Triple Crown. They're at Hwy 7 and Jane. I believe it's on Maplecrete or something. They do decent work, but I swear they're part of the mafia or something.

Car sounds like it can possibly be a write off. These cars are not worth much anymore regardless of the price people are selling them at or think they are worth. One thing I would worry about after having the car fixed is the soft top. It may be out of align and causing the top to wear at those common spots. Usually the first hint a S2000 has been in an accident.

Good luck man.

Haha, tow trucks and body shops... definitely organized crime
Old 12-30-2012, 07:00 AM

3) Estimate will increase as the repairs go on. No big deal for the insurance company, happens all the time.

The damage, if costly, will be recorded in places like Carfax, and other such vehicle information services. This means you will take another (financial) hit when you sell the car. So take lots of pictures before the car is repaired...
Old 12-30-2012, 08:31 AM
Spotter
Community Organizer

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

Any updates on the situation with insurance? Did they get you an estimate of what its gonna run to fix it ?
Old 12-30-2012, 09:47 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank_S2000
3) Estimate will increase as the repairs go on. No big deal for the insurance company, happens all the time.The damage, if costly, will be recorded in places like Carfax, and other such vehicle information services. This means you will take another (financial) hit when you sell the car. So take lots of pictures before the car is repaired...
Police recorded the accident, so I'm sure it'll show up on Carfax/Carproof.
What sucks most is how you can't claim for diminished car value due to car accident even though you're not at fault. It's like getting robbed a couple thousand dollars..
My friend's Benz C350 front bumper got crushed at this parking lot. Not only did he have to get a new bumper out of his own pocket due to his high deductible, he also suffered from a couple thousand dollars lost (compared to the average market value) when he tried selling it back even though it has low mileage on it.

But yup, I took loads of pictures that night (sorry I decided to send the pictures out to a handful of people instead of posting them)
Will take more pictures before and during the repair.

For those who wants to see pics give me a pm, just don't want this to go public too soon yet

Originally Posted by kryptonite
Any updates on the situation with insurance? Did they get you an estimate of what its gonna run to fix it ?
Insurance company has been closed since the 24th.. Same goes for the body shop.
The appraiser who looked at my vehicle didn't get an estimate yet. He just told me he dropped by and looked at the exterior only.
He still have to take out the rear bumper and jack up the car to do an actual estimate. Which is not happening till after new year
Old 12-30-2012, 09:52 AM

Shitty time of year for this to happen
Old 12-30-2012, 10:00 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Reapur
Exactly.. It really gets me frustrated.. especially because they put all their cars outside in the cold
My car is probably piled up in snow now. I'm not too sure how much support the top can hold.. I hope it isn't crushed by the time the body shop reopens..
Old 12-30-2012, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by ATNCHN
Originally Posted by Reapur' timestamp='1356893528' post='22237006
Exactly.. It really gets me frustrated.. especially because they put all their cars outside in the cold
My car is probably piled up in snow now. I'm not too sure how much support the top can hold.. I hope it isn't crushed by the time the body shop reopens..
Hey if there's more damage due to their neglect it just helps your case even more lol
Old 12-31-2012, 09:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

write it off.. move on to another S2000 or another car all together.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:26 AM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by danio
I don't think "he" just write it off. It's up to the insurance. Make sure they use all new parts in the repair quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by myflys2k
Originally Posted by danio' timestamp='1356977712' post='22238446
I don't think "he" just write it off. It's up to the insurance. Make sure they use all new parts in the repair quote
it's very rare to find wrecked Honda's and Acura's at wreckers as they are usually bought so fast from wholesalers that body shops don't even have a chance. There are also almost no used S2000 parts at the wreckers.

The more important thing here is to have all OEM parts and not reman or aftermarket sources such as keystone replacements.

Quick Reply: Anyone that has dealt with insurance before please help!