Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Announcement: I am having Chicos' babies

Old 09-11-2006, 05:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Announcement: I am having Chicos' babies

So, after driving Adam's Cayman S yesterday, I called the fiancee and broke the news to her. Unless she can come up with a Cayman S in the next 10 days, I will be having Adam's babies.

Adam offered to let me take it out on the track as soon as I handed him a certified cheque but I graciously declined. Instead, we went for a spirited drive around Mosport on the surrounding roads. What a great car...nice power, nice steering feel. As soon as I got in, everything felt right (except for the damn ignition key position). I never thought I could see myself in a Porsche but I can definitely see myself in a Cayman S.

The shifter isn't as precise as the S2k, but somehow the clutch and tranny combo makes you feel like a pro. I've never been able to shift as fast and as smoothly as I did while driving it. It was just fantastic hearing the engine howl behind me.

Thanks to Adam for being a fantastic sport and encouraging me to drive it reasonably hard. I still hate him though.

P.S. IN YOUR FACE BIOBANKER!!!!!
Old 09-11-2006, 06:02 AM

Well said. That car is one awesome drive. I was actually quite surprised at how much i liked the total feel and precision of the Cayman. I actually drove the M3 2 days before and was not impressed and i'm a huge M3 fan.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:22 AM

Shane,

Sorry, your marriage is off anyways.

Your fiancee liked my car very much as well. She figures she is marrying a short bald guy anyways, so it might as well be the short bald guy with a Porsche (even though I am shorter, and have less hair, when I sit in the Porsche she doesn't notice so much).

Break in period when out the window when you drove it Shane, now I am shifting it at high rpms too.......sometimes. Good driving though Shane, and the offer to track it still stands....certified cheque in hand.

We'll take her for a good run some day down the road, BUT I'm only taking women on the Pcar outings!!!!!

Old 09-11-2006, 06:33 AM

My day is also coming! I will drive Adam's car if Ive gotta steal it from the paddock when he goes to the can.

I LOVE these Cayman's!

And Shane, you will not find a better transmission than whats in an S.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:37 AM

Adam, I could wear a wig.

Oh yeah...the more I think about the controls, the more drooly I get. The brake pedal is so firm and responsive. The position of the throttle relative to the brake pedal seemed weird at first until I realized that the throttle is at the perfect position for heel-toeing when braking hard on track (but is nearly impossible to do on the street). That clutch is just beautiful too...efficient German short travel with precise German engagement. There's just something about the way that clutch engages and disengages that makes you feel like a pro.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:46 AM

The problem with sports cars / track cars in general.......

You can have a beater track car that is moderately fast and push it too the limits. When they are track specific they have NO other uses, you will be wrenching on them, and they will break down.

OR

You have a nice sports car that is fast, has warranty, but you can't track it hard because you can't afford to wreck it......

I've decided my Cayman S will see less track time than I did in my S2K this year and I will leave myself an extra margin of error. When it is 3 years old or so I will be more inclined to test the limits of the car.....and participate in more track days.

I have an Apex day scheduled for October, so that will be her maiden voyage on Mosport......

Old 09-11-2006, 06:49 AM

When is it? I won't be participating but I'd love to ride with you.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:51 AM

you going to the Wolff day on the 21st Adam?

Shane?
Old 09-11-2006, 06:55 AM

Nah, I can't afford the baller days. I'll be at Mosport this weekend to crew at the enduro on Saturday and then driving 2 45-min sessions on Sunday. That will likely be it for the season for me.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:36 AM

Dave loves so many cars, yet he still bought the yellow albatross.

Good for him.

Dave will buy a 2006 Cayman in 2018.

Quick Reply: Announcement: I am having Chicos' babies