Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Allright Bitches... AutoX this weekend, both days, chime in.

Old 07-13-2002, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will try and make it for the Sunday event.

Dean
Old 07-13-2002, 08:11 PM

Ugh...loogans on the loose

Some people need to grow up.
Old 07-13-2002, 08:27 PM

Revn: Not that you'll likely see this before tomorrow but were you the Yellow one?

Oh hang on.. did you mean next Sunday or tomorrow (Jul 14)? Cause we're at Hershey Centre again tomorrow. Next Sunday is Bronte.. nice big course.
Old 07-14-2002, 08:17 AM

Taylor:

Yeah, I heard about what happened! hahhaha

Apparently at least 3 people got punked off for burnin it up in the far lot...

Oh well...

Revn: Hey, have you had any problems with your Z06?

Peace...
Old 07-14-2002, 06:23 PM

I have had the Z06 pop some Active Handling Codes, that's about it. I understand there is a service bulletin out on this, I just have to get the time to take it by the dealer.

Taylor

Yes I brought the Yellow S2K on saturday around 3:00pm, there was another one there from earlier.

I will be bringing the Z06 to the Bronte event short of any changes of plans.

Thanks for the ride.

Dean

PS I had to leave early, how did you finish up.
Old 07-15-2002, 05:03 AM

Dean: Yeah I was wondering what happened to ya.

You seemed to be doing pretty well out there, I caught your first 2 runs (I think you only did the 2 eh?) I know it's a long wait and all that, the PITL events are never like that, we start at the latest an hour earlier, lunch is earlier and as a result we usually get 5 runs in, sometimes 6 at the PITL events. The situation this weekend was a higher turnout due to regionals, as well as the fact that there was another organization involved in "organizing" which caused all sorts of problems, delays and whatnot. At least we had some funruns at the end of the day yesterday, but without timing, which sucked pretty bad.

The Corvette events should show at least 5 runs, often 6 as well. I think we had one time last year where we turned in 7!

Anyhow, I won my class again and overall was 3rd quickest. I had a faster run than the guy in 2nd, but apparently I clipped a cone. D'oh.

Sorry I wasn't more sociable but the first 2 runs I had registration stuff to key into the PITL system and I have a good view, shade under that tent, not to mention the only guy there to man it.

Anyhow, hope to see you on Sunday. I'm considering making the trip to London for the regional event, but there's a little too much concrete there, I wouldn't push the car and probably fail to win my class as a result, so with risk, the drive and the fact I wouldn't likely win, I think I'll do the much more fun Corvette event.
Old 07-15-2002, 07:20 PM

Taylor

I appreciated your help on Sunday, and fully understand your resposibilites. I now what its like to be focused on something, like winning.

Congradulations on your win!

I was disappointed with my runs and wish I could have had more time to practise. It has been quite a few years since I have been involved in any racing, and my reaction time has slipped. I could definately use some pointers to get up to speed!

Thanks again,
Dean
Old 07-15-2002, 07:32 PM

Well next time you're out (Sunday I guess) if you'd like I can give you some pointers.. course you'll be at a vette event with people who own and drive Z06's who are probably in a better position to help you. Anyhow I'll try to hook you up with few of them, but by all means if you want my help, it's there.

Ciao.
Old 07-16-2002, 05:38 AM

I'll fess up and say one of the immature punks was me.
I don't know what got into me but I do feel badly about it, definitely not my typical behaviour. Maybe the excitement of the autocross was too much for me to handle.

That being said, for all those who have never been, I highly, highly, highly recommend it. It was a great time (even with the waiting), the people were great (even when I was getting bitched out), and I'm definitely going to do it again (if they let me!).

Taylor, thanks for letting me ride with you and riding with me. It was great!!!!!
Old 07-16-2002, 09:37 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by adelaide
[B]I'll fess up and say one of the immature punks was me.
I don't know what got into me but I do feel badly about it, definitely not my typical behaviour.