Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Alarm groupbuy all those intrested please check.

Old 05-09-2009, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i want to get just the Digital motion sensor installed i already have a clifford alarmm systemmm so im in for that
Old 05-09-2009, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Auto-links,May 9 2009, 01:05 PM
Hello all,
My name is John I am the owner/operator of auto-links.
Thank you for your interest in our alarm systems.

Just so you know, the cost of the clifford&viper systems are very expensive, that is why the price is higher for these systems. This is the brand new model that just came out, I am confident that you can not get this price anywhere else. Most shops are selling this system alarm only for $450+.

We do also sell the Compustar Pro, which we do for $300 installed alarm only. We can do a $15 discount as well if there is interest in the Compustar system. The Compustar is very reliable and definately a solid system, however the Clifford/Viper does offer double the range as well as a much more attractive remote.

I understand that $15 is not a lot for you guys but our prices are already extremely competitive, please feel free to shop around with the top shops in Toronto I am sure we have the most competitive, and keep in mind our workmanship is 110%. We have 100 % positive feedback across all of the forums that we sponsor. We have a lot of experience on the s2000 and are confident our work is nothing but the best.

Please keep in mind that the s2000 does require a lot of extra parts (relays to integrate the power locks and power trunk) as well as the difficulty of installation due to the size of the vehicle.

Please visit our website www.auto-links.ca for more information on our security packages.

Thank you again,
and cheers

John Ng
Sounds good, but like I said I don't know about the alarms featured, you guys wouldn't happen to have these installed on a car where I could see how the alarm works? or How much would teh compustar with a remote start cost? Thanks.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:21 PM

hey Ludeboye1 I'm down for the group buy!
Old 05-09-2009, 05:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I myself am going to go for this after looking around a bit, let me know who else is in.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are various versions of viper and clifford alarms it's no way guaranteeing a foolproof system for thieves but I don't think anyone can debate that Clifford and Vipers are top of the line alarm systems, I am simply looking for a layer of extra protection.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Ludeboye1,May 10 2009, 12:38 AM
There are various versions of viper and clifford alarms it's no way guaranteeing a foolproof system for thieves but I don't think anyone can debate that Clifford and Vipers are top of the line alarm systems, I am simply looking for a layer of extra protection.
I 100% agree, I've always used clifford systems, and viper is just the same.

I've been around lots of compustar, nustart, code alarm, and other various alarm/ remote starter systems, and i will say that DEI products seem to be the most reliable
Old 05-10-2009, 08:48 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 91 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by mancyk86,May 9 2009, 06:09 PM
"it had an alarm viper 2 way pager, it didnt even go off at all and the car was in gear so i dont think a tow truck could have taken it"

something i read on TSC (Toronto Subaru Club)

just makes you think about fishing out such an amount for alarm system for $15 discount...
huh? did you look around for prices on this alarm installed? and being in gear means nothing...try a flatbed...
Old 05-10-2009, 09:04 AM

Got to love the picture display layout on the Compustar Pro. Doesn't even look like an S2000. Lol.
I heard the range on the Compustar Pro is a lot better than the Clifford.

Had my share of Clifford alarm on my old cars. No complaint there. The paging sucks though.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Guy555,May 10 2009, 09:04 AM
Got to love the picture display layout on the Compustar Pro. Doesn't even look like an S2000. Lol.
I heard the range on the Compustar Pro is a lot better than the Clifford.

Had my share of Clifford alarm on my old cars. No complaint there. The paging sucks though.
My Clifford Matrix 50.7x is rated at 1 mile range = 5280 feet.

The Compustar PRO P2W9000FMR Canadian version is 3000 feet. (US is 5000 feet due to frequency regulations differences)
One thing that I really liked about the compustar PRO was the knock sensor to unlock the door.
http://www.compustar.com/products/P2W9000FMR.htm

The older Computstar (non-PRO?) version was 5000 feet but without all the cool stuff of the PRO.

Whichever one you get, just make sure you're happy with it.
However, it does take about 5-7 seconds before I'm paged by my Cliffor alarm.
But I can live with that.

I'll soon be adding the proximity alarm to it.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:50 PM

your shock sensor must have been set really low....its a little knob type thing i have mine set all the way high even exhaust vibration set it off lol

Quick Reply: Alarm groupbuy all those intrested please check.