Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

$32,000,000 USD buys the ferry...

Old 03-02-2005, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is the right colour for a FERRARI! Not a Nissan....

Just like BERLINA is the right colour for an S2000...

Old 03-02-2005, 11:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by matrix,Mar 2 2005, 03:01 PM
It is the right colour for a FERRARI! Not a Nissan....
If red is good enough for Dodge, clearly it is good enough for Nissan.

And it is the right color for a Spa S2000 support vehicle, let there be no question about that.

Old 03-02-2005, 02:41 PM

Doug, how'd you like the Titan versus the F150?

I'm thinking go big or go home.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by S2kRob,Mar 2 2005, 07:41 PM
I'm thinking go big or go home.
You got THAT right.

Old 03-02-2005, 05:44 PM

Ooops.. sorry, this one is for Doug.

Old 03-03-2005, 04:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Quik, I love that Ford in yellow...

Rob, it boils down to a few basic things. The Nissan dealer in Ithaca (1.5 hours away) is also a Ford dealer so I was able to hop out of the Titan and hop right into the F-150 so I got a great back-to-back drive.

I'll start with the hop. The Nissan 4x4 has something like 11" of ground clearance, the Ford is very close but slightly less, however, and the Nissan's floor is lower than the Fords so for a short guy like me it makes getting into the Titan easier. Advantage Titan.

Have you ever heard the Titan idle, have you ever heard the Titan at full throttle? If not then you owe it to yourself to experience this joy... That 305hp & 379ft-lb engine is one wicked V8 and the exhaust is just about perfect. Advantage Titan.

The F-150's tranny, 4-speed auto, sucks compared to the manual shift automatic 5-speed in the Titan, in fact this one feature alone is enough for me to go Titan. Advantage Titan.

The F-150 cockpit was designed for someone weighing about 100 pounds more than me. When I sit in the seat my right arm does not get close to the center console and the nicely equipped one I drove did not have a fold down armrest. On the left side my arm was nowhere close to the armrest. It is not like I use them to drive, but I really felt uncomfortable in the F-150 because I felt too small. Advantage Titan.

The F-150 has a softer car-like ride than the Titan. I don't want a soft truck; give me a firm solid truck. Give me a truck I can throw into the corners, not one that floats through them. Advantage Titan.

The 60/40-split back seat in my mind is divided up wrong in the Ford. The F-150 has the 60% behind the driver. If I need the back seat it will mostly be for one person, not two. With the Titan having the little 40% behind the driver, that can stay folded up and the passenger can have the big 60% to sit on, and be behind the front passenger who can slide their seat up a bit for additional room, because there is no way in hell I'm moving my seat up. Advantage Titan.

Dude, the Titan looks better. Advantage Titan.

The F-150 has the advantage on electric windows for the back two doors in the extended cab, the same type truck by Nissan is called King Cab and those windows are stationary. Advantage F-150.

The Titan is the only truck in the world that has back doors that swing open almost 180 degrees. The first time you open one it seems like it is going to swing so far it will smack into the side of the bed, but it can't. This is a HUGE feature because it makes getting things in and out of that space so much easier. Advantage Titan.

The Titan has the coolest Utility Package that gives you metal channels on the sides and the floor that you can lock clips into, so you can tie things down in almost anyplace in the bed, and tie them down really secure. Plus this package gives ya the cool outside storage compartment in the left rear fender, the perfect place for things like my army shovel, jumper cables, toweling paper, and a few other things. These are the things I have to have in the cab, or they fly around in the bed and drive me crazy. Plus this package comes with a spray in bed liner. It is not as thick as a Rhino liner, but it sure as hell is better than a drop in liner or just a bed mat. Advantage Titan.

The Nissan dealers are willing to make deals, right now I'm at $28,200 (plus free lifetime oil changes) for a vehicle that has a dealer invoice of $28,455 and a MSRP of $31,530. Advantage Titan.

The F-150 can be configured in almost anyway you can image, these wheels, this gear ration, that option but not that option. The Titan comes in packages; I have to buy some things I don't want, electric adjustable pedals, so I can get some of the features I do want, Big Tow. And then there are things I do want, sunroof, and I cannot without buying a way more expensive truck and equipping it with a ton of options I don't want. Advantage F-150.

The F-150 comes in yellow and red; the Titan comes in red only. Advantage F-150.

I think that covers the big ones
Old 03-03-2005, 05:11 AM

I want the Armada! 9000lbs towing capacity!!! My Xterra just wont do the job!
Old 03-03-2005, 05:52 AM

Oh Doug,

i forgot to mention... my friend got a brand new Titan Crew cab from his work as a christmas bonus... well i guess at least the use of one.

I saw it on Saturday, the thing was massive compared to the "S".
Old 03-03-2005, 06:11 AM

Yeah, well I was at the auto show, and as big as the Ridgeline, Tacoma, Frontier are, they just seem so small compared to a real fullsize half ton.

I really like the new F150 King Ranch, man is it ever a sweet rig. To be honest, Doug, the main beef I have with the Titan and Armada is that their interiors are on the plasticky side. Ford really put a lot of money into the F150 interior and it shows. And don't forget, that regardless of what anyone says, you will be spending a lot of time in that interior.

Did you take any pics of that black modified F150 at last year's auto show with the 24's? That thing was pretty cool . . .
Old 03-03-2005, 06:12 AM

Oh yeah, and I'd be looking at a real crew cab, not an extended cab.

Quick Reply: $32,000,000 USD buys the ferry...