Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

2013 FIAT ABARTH

Old 11-17-2012, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 FIAT ABARTH

First things first... i understand the car is not for everybody so lets not start a riot here.

My friend was interested in a base model fiat and wanted me to go in with him to price one out. I also really wanted to test drive the fiat abarth and see what all the hype was about. We get into the dealership and were greated by 3 fiat abarth's ... Extremely sharp looking little car. The interior is really nice and the leather quality is incredible. (dont hate me) Much nicer then that of the s2000. That being said, the seating position is horrid. I feel like im sitting in a mini van and you can barely lower the seating position via the seat controls.

We first test drove the base model one. Fun little car, handles pretty good, comfortable and surprisingly we fit 3 men in it with no problems what so ever. The car does not feel small inside AT ALL. The base model fiat 500 IMO would not be good for highway driving. You really need to step on that peddle to be able to pass anyone or anything.

Now comes time for me to test drive the abarth... Throws me the keys...........i start it up.... WOW... insta smile. The best sounding 4 cylinder on the market today BY FAR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8Fd47g1PPU

and that smile did not stop. This thing was a blast to drive. Doesnt have rip your face off acceleration but its definitely very torquey. 170 torque in that little thing is deff nothing to joke about. The Sound of that motor and that exhaust is just intoxicating. It handles very very very well, not like the s2000 but its extremely tossable... the suspension is very firm and the car feels planted. That being said... the suspension is very very very very very firm for a stock vehicle... like it was as hard as my slammed s2000 on bumps. Nothing im not used to but i know people might be bothered by it. The seats were really supportive and you didnt slide around in them on turns (high bolstered)... flat bottom steering wheel and peddles were in a great position for heel toeing. The shifter was in a great position as well. Couldn't help but smile the ENTIRE time.

All in all I was extremely impressed not only by the car but also by the price. I asked the gentlemen for the best possible price if we both bought a cinque cento. Base base base with no options 27,200 ON THE ROAD. Its funny because one of my friends got quoted 30,190 in woodbridge for the exact same car. Moral of the story.... don't buy an italian car froma dealership in woodbridge LOL.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:42 AM
Spotter
Community Organizer

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

I'd love to drive one except its a little too small for my liking.. exhaust note is quite awesome, love the sound of the turbo too
Old 11-17-2012, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by kryptonite
I'd love to drive one except its a little too small for my liking.. exhaust note is quite awesome, love the sound of the turbo too
yep... videos dont do that sound justice. It crackles and pops steady.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:00 AM

Received 3,774 Likes on 2,661 Posts

Nice exhaust sound on that, it reminds me of my Neon SRT-4, it had the best factory exhaust sound of any 4 cylinder I've heard , I'm willing the Abarth's is similar with a resonator and straight pipes perhaps, it sounds very similar.

Nice review of the Fiat, makes me want to own one now />/> , why did you have to show me that now it's going to tease me all winter. I'd take one in white with red accents. Can you ask the dealer how much they will charge if three guys buy one ?, lol.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by JFUSION
Nice exhaust sound on that, it reminds me of my Neon SRT-4, it had the best factory exhaust sound of any 4 cylinder I've heard , I'm willing the Abarth's is similar with a resonator and straight pipes perhaps, it sounds very similar.

Nice review of the Fiat, makes me want to own one now />/>/>/> , why did you have to show me that now it's going to tease me all winter. I'd take one in white with red accents. Can you ask the dealer how much they will charge if three guys buy one ?, lol.
no resonator or mufflers /> straight pipe from the cat. Its funny because the euro fiat abarth has mufflers on it, but the north american abarth has no mufflers. FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY WE GET SOMTHING BETTER THEN THE REST OF THE WORLD.... AHAHAAHHA ... message me if your serious LMAO
Old 11-17-2012, 12:21 PM

Received 3,774 Likes on 2,661 Posts

Originally Posted by CLEANs2000
Originally Posted by JFUSION' timestamp='1353178804' post='22157158

Nice review of the Fiat, makes me want to own one now />/>/>/>/>/> , why did you have to show me that now it's going to tease me all winter. I'd take one in white with red accents. Can you ask the dealer how much they will charge if three guys buy one ?, lol.
no resonator or mufflers />/>/> straight pipe from the cat. Its funny because the euro fiat abarth has mufflers on it, but the north american abarth has no mufflers. FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY WE GET SOMTHING BETTER THEN THE REST OF THE WORLD.... AHAHAAHHA ... message me if your serious LMAO
Yeah my SRT4 had no mufflers either, they figured the turbo would add some silencing effect so they deleted mufflers on it, so the sound is very similar as I suspected, pretty cool to get a muscle car sound out of a 4 cylinder. />

If I got an Abarth I'd have to get rid of my S2000 though /> . I'm going to check one out locally though if I can. Some potential downfalls of this vehicle seem to be a slow 0-60 time - just under 8 seconds, probably a 1/4 mile time approaching 16 seconds I would estimate. You would think a 2200 lb car would move quicker than that with 170 ft lbs torque. Redline looks to be 6000 rpms ?, they could have surely gone higher with the rpms couldn't they ?, and no 6 speed manual. I appreciate your review, sounds like a very cool car. I love the interior styling, wish I could transplant that interior into my S2000 , including the seats. lol.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by JFUSION
Originally Posted by CLEANs2000' timestamp='1353181471' post='22157210
[quote name='JFUSION' timestamp='1353178804' post='22157158']

Nice review of the Fiat, makes me want to own one now />/>/>/>/>/>/>/> , why did you have to show me that now it's going to tease me all winter. I'd take one in white with red accents. Can you ask the dealer how much they will charge if three guys buy one ?, lol.
no resonator or mufflers />/>/>/>/> straight pipe from the cat. Its funny because the euro fiat abarth has mufflers on it, but the north american abarth has no mufflers. FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY WE GET SOMTHING BETTER THEN THE REST OF THE WORLD.... AHAHAAHHA ... message me if your serious LMAO
Yeah my SRT4 had no mufflers either, they figured the turbo would add some silencing effect so they deleted mufflers on it, so the sound is very similar as I suspected, pretty cool to get a muscle car sound out of a 4 cylinder. />/>/>

If I got an Abarth I'd have to get rid of my S2000 though />/>/> . I'm going to check one out locally though if I can. Some potential downfalls of this vehicle seem to be a slow 0-60 time - just under 8 seconds, probably a 1/4 mile time approaching 16 seconds I would estimate. You would think a 2200 lb car would move quicker than that with 170 ft lbs torque. Redline looks to be 6000 rpms ?, they could have surely gone higher with the rpms couldn't they ?, and no 6 speed manual. I appreciate your review, sounds like a very cool car. I love the interior styling, wish I could transplant that interior into my S2000 , including the seats. lol.
[/quote]

yeah not a fast car by any means... more of a fun car... 0-60 is 7.7 i believe and 1/4 15.7. Although theres companies claiming 40+hp and 40+ torque with a simple reflash! Should liven it up a bit. Nowa days i dont believe in speed anymore. Its all about fun factor for me and this thing puts a smile on your face. Thats another thing... it needs a 6 speed.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:27 PM

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts

There are companies in Europe that have made flash tunes for the Abarth that bump it up to 250hp/240tq and still retains 35+ MPG.

I want one.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by fernando.
There are companies in Eurpoe that have made flash tunes for the Abarth that bump it up to 250hp/240tq and still retains 35+ MPG.

I want one.
Yea lil cars are neat. I like to get one
Old 11-17-2012, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by fernando.
There are companies in Eurpoe that have made flash tunes for the Abarth that bump it up to 250hp/240tq and still retains 35+ MPG.

I want one.
yep those 1/4 mile times could even be underated...? ive seen videos where the car dynoed 170 plus torque stock

edit... looks like the figures they give are whp and even more wtq... AMAZING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UTDj8yi9x4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKcg39y3Tvg

Quick Reply: 2013 FIAT ABARTH