Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

167 km on a 100

Old 10-30-2008, 10:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

come on now, op should have $$$ to spare from the grow ops.

just pay it

just do the usual, launder the money through the nail salon or put it down on the roulette table cash it out and bammmmmm --"clean money"

im kidding yo.

no more viet girls for me
Old 10-30-2008, 10:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^
you sound like you've been either a direct or maybe even an indirect beneficiary of such operations
Old 10-30-2008, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

unless you have hook ups with a lawyer that will for sure get the whole ticket voided, there's no point fighting it cuz u'll still have to pay current fines + a potentially more serious fine + lawyer fees

at least you didn't get your car impounded
Old 10-30-2008, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by paul__chen,Oct 30 2008, 10:55 AM
unless you have hook ups with a lawyer that will for sure get the whole ticket voided, there's no point fighting it cuz u'll still have to pay current fines + a potentially more serious fine + lawyer fees

at least you didn't get your car impounded

It's much harder nowadays to get OFF of tickets becuase the ticket fighters can't make anymore promises since they were grandfathered and regulated by the Law Society of Upper Canada.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:55 PM

Know your Highway Traffic act before attending court

Penalty

(14) Every person who contravenes this section or any by-law or regulation made under this section is guilty of an offence and on conviction is liable, where the rate of speed at which the motor vehicle was driven,

(a) is less than 20 kilometres per hour over the speed limit, to a fine of $3 for each kilometre per hour that the motor vehicle was driven over the speed limit;

(b) is 20 kilometres per hour or more but less than 30 kilometres per hour over the speed limit, to a fine of $4.50 for each kilometre per hour that the motor vehicle was driven over the speed limit;

Old 10-30-2008, 03:56 PM

If I were u I would just pay it. The cop did u a good deed when u were doing 167km. Or else u would have to face this plus towing and impound.

Racing, stunts, etc., prohibited

172. (1) No person shall drive a motor vehicle on a highway in a race or contest, while performing a stunt or on a bet or wager. 2007, c. 13, s. 21.

Racing, stunts, etc., prohibited

172. (1) No person shall drive a motor vehicle on a highway in a race or contest, while performing a stunt or on a bet or wager. 2007, c. 13, s. 21.

Offence

(2) Every person who contravenes subsection (1) is guilty of an offence and on conviction is liable to a fine of not less than $2,000 and not more than $10,000 or to imprisonment for a term of not more than six months, or to both, and in addition his or her driver
Old 10-30-2008, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Eric220,Oct 30 2008, 05:22 AM
If they get paid extra/same, wouldn't the prefer if you fight it?
Back in the early and late 90's you would win because the ticket fighter would keep changing the court date until the officer doesn't show up and the charges get dropped but now officers are getting paid OT when they go to court.

So yes they will show up unless he has a bigger court trail to attend than yours.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:01 PM

I got pulled over years ago for doing 130 in a 60. Was charged for careless driving and 6 demerit points, along with a fine of I think it was around $600. So I went to points, I got off totally. I only had to pay Points the actual fine of $600.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:19 PM

I didn't read everyone's responses, BUT FIGHT IT!

I've been ticketed basically once a year, each time traveling grossly over the limit. I'm not proud of it now, but it's hard to stay legit on a bike especially if one feeds off speed.

Anyway, to this day, the only ticket that stuck was because I forgot my insurance papers in my GTI. I had it all in a binder, but left the binder out that evening. In the end, I paid the ticket and said what the heck, every other ticket -- including a no seat belt ticket I've gotten off. Get one of those ticket fighter guys. It's worth EVERY penny.

NEVER admit to speeding. NEVER talk to the officer, NEVER argue, NEVER let him remember you by saying something stupid.

Ticket fighter. Worth every dime.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by asiliat,Nov 1 2008, 01:19 AM
I didn't read everyone's responses, BUT FIGHT IT!

I've been ticketed basically once a year, each time traveling grossly over the limit. I'm not proud of it now, but it's hard to stay legit on a bike especially if one feeds off speed.

Anyway, to this day, the only ticket that stuck was because I forgot my insurance papers in my GTI. I had it all in a binder, but left the binder out that evening. In the end, I paid the ticket and said what the heck, every other ticket -- including a no seat belt ticket I've gotten off. Get one of those ticket fighter guys. It's worth EVERY penny.

NEVER admit to speeding. NEVER talk to the officer, NEVER argue, NEVER let him remember you by saying something stupid.

Ticket fighter. Worth every dime.
couldn't agree more

Quick Reply: 167 km on a 100