Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

100Kmh max :-(

Old 02-26-2003, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My comment was purely rhetorical just to get back at quick lude. Purely childish.

While your comments might be valid, they are not backed by data. If you have the data to back this up then, beautiful; source it. If you don't, you should have been prepared for this response.

Again, just being childish and getting back at you.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:07 AM

Here is another theory:

The OPP have been dealing with aggressive drivers in a very harsh manner with little leniency over the past months on the 400 series highways. A large amount of revenue was generated by these actions, not to mention the number of aggressive drivers being caught has gone down drastically, forcing the OPP to take officers off 400-series highway patrols.

This current plan is to start giving out more tickets for moving violations to:

a) generate more revenue again, this time in a manner that will be less likely to be contested by the persons being charged (who is going to contest a $45 ticket with no points for going 15km/hr over?)

b) keep OPP highway patrol officers busy

Either way, none of this matters to me right now. I like my cruise to work and my cruise home.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:35 AM

What really gets me is when drivers slow down drastically just to get a better view of someone getting a ticket.

I remember one time, I was driving home on the DVP at 2 am. The highway was clear and there were about 4 cars ahead of me and a few more behind. We were all doing about 115 with adequate space between us. Suddenly, a guy in the front of the pack slams on the beaks and slows down to 70 in a matter of 10 meters. Everyone in the pack panics and comes within inches of hitting each other. As we pass the bend, I look to the right and realized that the guy in front slowed down just to take a look at some one getting a ticket.

I think that the OPP should be out there ticketing the rubber neckers and the ones who drive excessively slow in the passing lanes. They are the ones who clog up the highways and increase commuting time.

BTW, have you guys ever driven on the 407 in rush hour? The volume is high but everyone drives a minimum of 120.
Old 02-26-2003, 12:25 PM

Originally posted by BioBanker
Common, as far as I have been able to tell, the real number is 140km/h on the 401.

Now, I wouldnt want to be a lone driver going through a 140 km/h trap, but Ive gone through traps in packs of cars, all driving 140, and the cop has never pulled out.

Sometimes I feel like Im holding up traffic at 140.
EXACTLY! Took the words right out of my mouth!
Old 02-26-2003, 02:12 PM
Former Moderator

Well this post went through my mind as I was doing 150 on the way home today on the 400.

I just play the luck game...I'm much to bored to drive the speedlimit
Old 02-26-2003, 04:03 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SAIYAJIN
[B]My comment was purely rhetorical just to get back at quick lude.
Old 02-26-2003, 04:52 PM

save your speeding for the track.......heh heh heh.
Old 02-26-2003, 06:47 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SAIYAJIN
[B]Similarly to your comments about my decision whether to buy the catless exhaust, I could also comment that your need for speed pollutes the safety of those that are not comfortable driving in such conditions.
Old 02-27-2003, 06:24 AM

Originally posted by quick_lude

...while your catless exhaust affects everyone around you.
*cough cough* *gag*

Old 02-27-2003, 07:56 AM

Im not sure why you guys are bickering about exhaust, i mean if you were that concerned you wouldnt be driving a car take transit. Big corporations, factories, pump out pollutants like you wouldnt believe. A exhaust never hurt anyone...
This is childish...
Just my .02

Quick Reply: 100Kmh max :-(