South Florida Owners from South Florida
View Poll Results: Wing Options, What say you?
Paint the wing suzuka, leave the plates cf. It'll match those godforsaken canards
25.00%
Paint the end plates, leave the wing as is. It matches the hood
25.00%
Keep the Nicole version, all black.
25.00%
Take it off and finally become one of us, Uncle Ben
25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Wing Options, What say you?

Old 05-06-2004, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you should buy a Mugen wing.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:16 AM

I think it looks good. But you would finish it with a nice hard top.
Old 05-06-2004, 12:50 PM

One of the main reasons I am not going with a carbon fiber hood is I am going
to buy the carbon fiber tonneau cover from ImportFan.com and I think it just
would have been overkill to have the hood/cover/trunk in mis-matching weaves
of carbon fiber. It might look good from 10-feet away (or not) but up close,
it would look stupid.
I am leaning towards painting the wing suzuka and leaving the carbon fiber endplates
alone. I took art classes (a lot of 'em) when I was younger and tend to think of
things visually and how they relate to the overall view. Many have said the wing
appears to be way too wide and by painting just the middle section suzuka, it would
bring in the visual of it being so wide. In actuality, the end plates (tip to tip) are only
56 1/2-inches apart, well within the rear wheel wells. By painting the wing and not
the CF, it will also visually lengthen the car. We'll see what I decide on but I appreciate
everyone's input.
I think this weekend I'll put a heat gun (or hair dryer) to the graphics and see if they
will peel off easily. If not, I guess dental floss will do the trick.
BTW, FWIW, I'm also losing the silver carbon fiber dash kit and will be going to
black carbon fiber. The silver just doesn't seem to mesh with the black n' blue vibe
I'm after.
Old 05-06-2004, 09:33 PM

Thanks for voting everyone. Not sure what to think of the results but FWIW, here
is an anticipated view of what I'm trying to lock in by early June. KMC contacted me
about the wheels...looks like I might get my deal with them afterall. The Tenzo's were
purchased as temps until KMC got the SR Racing wheels out.

The ring can be had in silver or black w/ graphics or without. I plan on going with the ring, painting it suzuka blue with the black spokes remaining. Lugs undecided yet and
not sure about any graphics on the ring. Going with a carbon fiber tonneau cover (for top down driving)

and the wing will be painted suzuka blue with the carbon
fiber end plates left alone. Similar to this pic:

No side graphics on the new skirts...just not sure which ones I'm going with at this point. My car will, hopefully, when done, look like the half-assed paint shop work below. Don't mind the paint...I don't have photoshop.
I know the wheels are sort of "what?" but they will look at home on my car. Classy wheels just seem out of place on my ride. I need lightweight, racing wheels that look purposeful. The painted ring will just sort of "show" it up a bit. I've always liked
color-lipped wheels (old Advans, etc).
Old 05-07-2004, 12:15 AM

HAHAHAHA nice photoshop skills. I think painting the ring would make the rims look ghetto. But you could try painting the surface of the rim (not the ring) or you could paint the inside of the spokes. I think that would look so cool. I just like the way the ring looks, especially in silver, that I think the blue paint would take away from the rims originality. The ring stands out more than anything else. As others wrote, just my 2 cents.
Old 05-07-2004, 09:26 AM

COjOi, those are options for sure. The ring is interchangable so I'm thinking
I might keep it black but go with blue graphic lettering (SR KMC RACING) on it. What I don't want is the
all-black look (tire/wheel) because it looks fantastic when detailed and dressed
but that only lasts about 1/2 day (as anyone who attended Supermeet will tell
you...I was constantly detailing the tires/wheels). I want something to set aside
the tire from the wheel, otherwise, it looks like you're running on 7-inch sidewalls
from a distance.
Like most things on my car (from what I've been told by many), it
flows (or looks) better when you see it in person. I think a suzuka lip on the wheels would
look great but I might go with a deeper blue just to match the lugs...that way it
won't look quite so put together. Sometimes, everything matching is a bit too NOPI
for my tastes. We'll see. In fact, I'm losing the ti-blaze muffler and going with the
carbon fiber one (same tip). The car is constantly evolving.