South Florida Owners from South Florida

THEY GOT ME TOOOOO!

Old 07-06-2007, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I think that the legal responsibility and the etical responsibility are two different things here. I seem to recall a post a few months back (maybe a year now?) where a few s2000's were actually vandalized AT A DEALER, I think it was Rick Case? and the dealership still made the owners go through their private insurance companies. I think most shops have you sign that they are not responsible, blah blah blah. Getting a lawyer involved is not as easy at it sounds, if the lawyer sends a demand letter and the shop caves, then great . . . but if not it can be a big headache.

I suggest letting them know you want them to do the right thing otherwise you can guarantee no other s2000 will be going to their shop. Let them know the kind of local community you are a part of. If that doesn't work, you can mention that you will be getting your attorney involved, but again I'm not totally positive the law is on your side here.

Are they at least willing to pay your deductible if you have to make a private claim?
Old 07-06-2007, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by S2KSuzuka,Jul 6 2007, 07:41 AM
time to call a lawyer

Maybe the shop did it?? Who knows......Good luck, but legal representation would be your best bet if they are disputing being responsible. At least learn your rights..then exercise them.

Erick
Old 07-06-2007, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by S2KSuzuka,Jul 6 2007, 07:18 AM
while the car is in there possession it's their responsibility. don't let them push you around. they told you they would keep it inside, they didn't. it's there fault

The vehicle is in there possession, it's physically on there property, so they are very much responsible for the damage. That's why the shop has insurance.

It would
Old 07-06-2007, 08:41 AM

If they have insurance then yes . . . however I'm guessing they don't have insurance and that is why they are debating to begin with? Unless they are just trying to avoid a claim.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:00 AM

If its on their property, its their responsibility. I saw a Help me Howard that was pretty damn close......DOnt let them tell you that BS
Old 07-06-2007, 10:47 AM

if you didnt sign a wavier saying "whatever happeneds to my car while its at shop aint the shops responsibility"

then its their responsibility...when they told you it was gonna be in the garage...and its on their property...

and who knows if they did it..
Old 07-06-2007, 12:37 PM
Banned

Sounds too much like an inside job dont you think

In order to have a business in the state of fl you have to have permit and insurance and all that crap.

They HAVE insurance....

Make sure that you review any paper that you signed and THEN you can Cry Lawyer...they most likely will cave in. If this is a legitamate shop.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Them. Make them pay for it, they are responsible for it.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:28 PM
d.h

Originally Posted by crazylarry85,Jul 6 2007, 03:37 PM
They HAVE insurance....
That's not necessary true. I'm not sure if its the law to have insurance in order to operate a business. Let's say it is for this debate. All drivers are required to have auto insurance. But that doesn't mean they will.

On the other note, they run a bodyshop, so they might not have the balls to do business without insurance. With that said, could you give up the name of the bodyshop so the rest of us will not come across them in our future?
Old 07-06-2007, 02:30 PM
Banned

Also , drop the name so some of your fellow buddies here at S2ki do some research???

Quick Reply: THEY GOT ME TOOOOO!